Freezes during installation

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
Seminole Gamer

Freezes during installation

Post by Seminole Gamer » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:31 am

It gets to 48195 and freezes up everytime. Have to alt f4 and restart the system. I have my games on a 1tb ssd, not the system drive and os is windows 10. 5960 I7 and Titan XP card. If I run the bat file without the audio fixes it installs and I was gonna actually just say the hell with it and use that but then realized how bad the audio is. I dunno if I have some system setting messing with screwing things or what could be happening. I have spybot and malwarebytes that I turn off whenever I install or play games.
Shonabish

zilav
Gary

Re: Freezes during installation

Post by zilav » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:56 am

Freezes how? Progress window stops reponding (can't move) or what?
40k+ files is around the mark when it starts audio reencoding and installation speed drops like 100 times compared to the previous files.

Seminole Gamer

Post by Seminole Gamer » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:09 pm

Freezes how? It literally freezes up. I know how long the encoding could take Ive left it on all night did whatever needed to be done during the day and came home around 4:30 in the afternoon and it made no further progress. So yes the progress window stops responding and it cant be cancelled. That's whats happening.
Shonabish

zilav
Gary

Post by zilav » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:14 am

Bad cooling or other hardware failure due to heavy load. Try running in a single thread as mentioned in the faq.

Seminole Gamer

Post by Seminole Gamer » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:04 pm

I deleted the Ogenn2.exe and it installed normally. I never got a BASS encode error but I tried the other suggestions and that one worked. Thanks for the suggestion about faq which I shouldve known to check but oh well.
Shonabish