Dialogue Not Beginning At Birth

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
infideldyke

Dialogue Not Beginning At Birth

Post by infideldyke » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:57 pm

Hi all, I just installed TTW today, looks like I did everything right, disabled incompatible mods, have patches for ones that I can get them for, etc. I tried starting a new save in the Capital Wasteland, but for whatever reason, after the NV DLC popups, neither parent characters do anything. They don't move, don't talk, and just stand still looking at me. I'm unable to progress past this and I have no idea what's wrong. Any suggestions? Thanks!

UsagiPyon

Re: Dialogue Not Beginning At Birth

Post by UsagiPyon » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:10 am

infideldyke wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:57 pm
Hi all, I just installed TTW today, looks like I did everything right, disabled incompatible mods, have patches for ones that I can get them for, etc. I tried starting a new save in the Capital Wasteland, but for whatever reason, after the NV DLC popups, neither parent characters do anything. They don't move, don't talk, and just stand still looking at me. I'm unable to progress past this and I have no idea what's wrong. Any suggestions? Thanks!
No, you can't say that you did everything right since your mod is currently broken. Disabling certain incompatible mods does nothing. You will need to completely remove them. Lastly, state your load order for others to better help you.

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:01 am

Well since none of us has telepathy or some magic connection to see what your install looks like, you'll have to share that information in order to receive any help.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:12 am

Did you install TTW on a FNv install that already have mods in it? To install TTW you should have FO3 and FNV in pristine/vanilla condition (not have any mods installed).
If you had mods (FO3 and FNV) before installing TTW, I would recommend to uninstall the games, delete their directories and any other files they might leave (because uninstalling them can leave some files behind) and reinstall them from scratch. :?
Signature:

Admiral_Ackbar5

Post by Admiral_Ackbar5 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:07 am

Did you find a solution to your problem?

I'm having the same problem and was looking for more options other than a complete uninstall/reinstall.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:34 am

Try disabling all mods besides TTW and start a new game. If it works, enable mods after you leave Vault 101 and reach the wasteland for the first time. Also make sure all mods you have are compatible with TTW. :)
Signature:

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:31 pm

Risewild wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:34 am
Also make sure all mods you have are compatible with TTW. :)
TTW3 to be precise. Quite a few folks try to use old TTW2 mods, which can break the game.