Megaton house Cell reset...

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
doubledoors

Megaton house Cell reset...

Post by doubledoors » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:36 am

So I got about 12 hours in when my Megaton house reset its self, This cleared all my stuff from any container in the house.
If anyone would be so kinda as to lend a hand it would be much appreciated, Thanks!
(The only addition mods I have is NVSE and Enhanced Camera)

RoyBatty

Re: Megaton house Cell reset...

Post by RoyBatty » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:40 am

That should not be possible, did you install/uninstall TTW Interiors or similar?

I have thousands of hours into TTW and never had this happen.

doubledoors

Post by doubledoors » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:03 am

Hi! sorry for the long time to reply.
I have not reinstalled anything, I simply updated and started a fresh run. I eventually went through "Our lady of hope Hospital" and returned home to find an mostly empty house. I found out only the nuka vending machine was still full.

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:16 am

Very strange.

Azardea

Post by Azardea » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:18 am

So sorry for necroing, but the same thing happened to me. The only mod added after starting my game is the 50% exp mod, which shouldn't have affected this.
Pretty goddamn frustrating, not gonna lie.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:22 am

Pull up the console in-game, click on one of the containers, and write down the ID. Fire up FNVEdit and type the ID into the search field. When it pulls up the ref, check if it's being overridden by a mod, and check if the respawn flag is set. If the respawn flag isn't set, then it shouldn't lose any contents... and if it did anyway, that sounds like an obscure engine bug that TTW can't be held accountable for. If you find the respawn flag set in one of the TTW files, THEN it's TTW's fault. 8-)

Azardea

Post by Azardea » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:59 am

Not incredibly familiar with NVEdit, but from what I can see, no mod but TTW affects that container, or the cell in general.
...which isn't surprising, since I'm only running YUP, JIP, WMX, NVAC and PN Core, none of which should touch them.
I don't think they were flagged to respawn anyway, since it took 30+ hours of gameplay for them to reset, and while I don't have an exact amount of days passed, vendors have reset countless times in that timeframe. It seems that one container was spared for whatever reason, the Nuka Cola machine...

But yeah, it might've been some engine bug, what do I know. Still pissed, even if it wasn't TTW's fault :(

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:25 pm

Given how much of my crap is in the various containers around the house, I'd be mighty pissed, too, if it happened to me. So far, it hasn't. Sounds like a really rare bug since we've only got two reports of it in the last so many years. I'd reload from a save before the stuff disappeared and then keep playing and see if it happens again. Maybe you've found something repeatable that can lead to discovering how it happens, but I suspect you'll never see it again.