'You have decompressed New Vegas BSA Archives'

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
EnderDragonFire

'You have decompressed New Vegas BSA Archives'

Post by EnderDragonFire » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:05 pm

I had to reinstall TTW because I broke it with mods. However, I've got a problem; when I installed it before, it worked fine, but now the installer is throwing an error:

'You have decompressed Fallout New Vegas Archives, TTW can be installed on the vanilla game version only. Please reinstall Fallout: New Vegas and try again.'

The thing is, after I broke the game, I completely deleted the game and all my mods, and reinstalled it from scratch. It's a clean, fresh install. After this error showed up the first time, I verified and tried again, with the same result.

Is it possible that my copy of the TTW installer itself is broken? Or is GOG botching the FNV installation? It seems to run fine when I play vanilla FNV?

Any help figuring out what's going on is appreciated. Should I try switching to my Steam copy of the game, and seeing it has the same error? I own the game on both Steam and GOG, but I prefer the GOG version for several reasons.

"Who are you, who do not know your history?"

EnderDragonFire

Re: 'You have decompressed New Vegas BSA Archives'

Post by EnderDragonFire » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:24 pm

I re-downloaded the TTW installer, and it didn't fix the issue. No idea what's going on or what's wrong with my FNV .BSA files.

EDIT:

Putting this here because I know someone is gonna accuse me of piracy if I don't:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/enderdragonfire/

That's a link to me Steam profile, showing that I own both games.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:49 pm

I will accuse of piracy anyway. Because... DUM DUM DUMMMM... You prove you own the games on Steam but then say you're installing the GOG versions! :lol:

Now without joking.
Did you confuse your Steam games with your GOG games and somehow delete and installed one version while trying to install TTW using the other version? I bet that's not it, but worth asking.
Signature:

zilav
Gary

Post by zilav » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:38 pm

This error is shown when "Fallout - Meshes2.bsa" exists in the Fallout: New Vegas folder you pointed installer at.

EnderDragonFire

Post by EnderDragonFire » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:56 pm

zilav wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:38 pm
This error is shown when "Fallout - Meshes2.bsa" exists in the Fallout: New Vegas folder you pointed installer at.
I'm an idiot. I'm sorry for even posting this thread and wasting your time.

I didn't check which folder it was pointing at, and it was pointing at my Steam FNV folder. Once I pointed it at the fresh GOG install, it worked perfectly.

:oops:
Last edited by EnderDragonFire on Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EnderDragonFire

Post by EnderDragonFire » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:59 pm

Risewild wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:49 pm
Did you confuse your Steam games with your GOG games and somehow delete and installed one version while trying to install TTW using the other version? I bet that's not it, but worth asking.

...yeah. Pretty much something like that.

I wanted to install TTW on my clean GOG copy of FNV, but I was pointing the launcher at the old, modded, Steam copy of the game.

davidpayneii

Post by davidpayneii » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:37 am

I am having the same problem, but without the gog/steam issue. I only have steam games. I deleted and reinstalled both games. When I ran the ttw installer I got this error. Can I fix it simply by deleting that file?

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:01 am

Uninstalling in steam only removes what steam installed, it won't remove files from mods etc.