TTW update can't find TTW files

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
Styrud

TTW update can't find TTW files

Post by Styrud » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:18 pm

Hi! I'm trying to update to 3.2.1 but when I'm using the installer as instructed in the readme, I get an error message saying "Could not find Tales of Two Wasteland files at the specified path". I picked the folder where I installed TTW and doubled checked the folder to make sure the files where there, and they're there.

Is this the wrong folder or did I make some mistake along the way? I would really like some help if possible.

RoyBatty

Re: TTW update can't find TTW files

Post by RoyBatty » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:20 pm

Restart the installer, make sure it's as admin.

cvsickle

Post by cvsickle » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:54 pm

Same issue for me. Running the installer as admin. I am using MO2, so I have TTW installed in a folder outside of the game folder. I first tried to install the patch into it's own folder, and then I tried to install it to the folder that I originally installed TTW to. Neither work. Thanks for the update and for the help. I look forward to using the patch.

Styrud

Post by Styrud » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:36 am

Found the problem. I didn't read what folders the installer wanted. I saw the three bars as in the 3.2 installer and assumed it wanted the same folders. After reading what the installer said and selected the proper folder the installation worked without issues.

zilav
Gary

Post by zilav » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:41 pm

I bet such people sign contracts in real life as following: "This one has the same amount of pages and paragraphs as the last one, assuming it is the same. Signing."

AlphonsoPSpain

Post by AlphonsoPSpain » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:43 am

I'm unable to install the update as well. I'm selecting the file locations, making sure that the TTW files are there, but it won't let me install the update.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:43 am

AlphonsoPSpain wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:43 am
I'm unable to install the update as well. I'm selecting the file locations, making sure that the TTW files are there, but it won't let me install the update.
We need more information about your problem.
What have you tried to fix it already? Have you tried restarting the installer running it "As Admin"?
What is preventing you from installing? Does it show an error message, if so which one?
Have you altered/edited TTW files, in particular the taleoftwowastelands.esm in any way?
Signature:

AlphonsoPSpain

Post by AlphonsoPSpain » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:23 am

Risewild wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:43 am
We need more information about your problem.
What have you tried to fix it already? Have you tried restarting the installer running it "As Admin"?
What is preventing you from installing? Does it show an error message, if so which one?
Have you altered/edited TTW files, in particular the taleoftwowastelands.esm in any way?
I'm sorry about that. The specific error is that it can't find the files "at the specified directory."
I tried what was mentioned earlier about running as Admin, and it didn't work. I checked to make sure that the directory was correct and that it contained the files, as shown below

And I made sure the files for TTW were sent to this folder and not appdata.

AlphonsoPSpain

Post by AlphonsoPSpain » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:28 am

Update: I think there may have been an error on my part because the update is working perfectly now. I just hope it had nothing to do with me uninstalling and reinstalling everything. I'm deeply sorry for wasting time

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:52 am

No problem. Glad it's working :D
Signature: