Bugs encountered so far

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
jlf65

Re: Bugs encountered so far

Post by jlf65 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:24 pm

Found something weird some time back, but forgot to report it. The sewer grates for the County Sewer Mainline and the Hubris Comics Utility are swapped by TTW. Other than being weird, it's not much of a bug, except for one thing: it kinda breaks the unmarked quest - Searching For Cheryl. You're supposed to follow the blood into the County Sewer Mainline and follow it to the end, which puts you back in the wasteland near the fourth grave. By swapping it with the Hubris Comics Utility, it sorta throws off the trail. That's how I discovered it - I was doing Searching for Cheryl and crossed the bridge from the third grave, headed for the sewer, and it was the wrong sewer! :o

The refs are 0601BD41 and 06061520.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:36 am

I'll look at it, I swapped them on purpose because their orientation on the map was ridiculously bad. This is something leftover from their cutting 1/3rd of the map and this particular thing wasn't addressed. I can fix it. Thanks for the heads up.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:41 pm

I'm not finding this blood trail.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:10 pm

There's a bit of smeared splatter outside the county sewer mainline. It's hard to recognize unless you know what you're looking at. The best guide for that unmarked quest that makes everything clear is Oxhorn's youtube video on it. Also, nothing appears until you find the first grave. Everything else is conditional on reading the note found at the first grave. I think each part might be conditional on the previous part. The grave on the other side of the bridge certainly isn't there until you find the first grave in L'Enfant South.

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Searching_for_Cheryl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQkPNuMNIAA

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:55 pm

There's no blood stains anywhere near the sewer entrance is what I'm getting at.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:57 pm

Yeah, you're right about that. I misremembered that part. Sorry.

imadethis2download

Post by imadethis2download » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:11 am

electricitypylon02.nif - There's a hole one should be able to go through but can't. Projectiles cannot pass through most of the top half.

radiotower03debris01.nif - Projectiles do not pass through it.

electricitypylon03.nif - Half of it has projectile pass-through, the top half does not.

Kicho has all of these fixed in his collision mesh mod which looks to be open-permissions so they can probably be used..

Also there's a bunch of glowing meshes with ENB's (Particularly effect/ambient) meshes that when using an ENB will cause the mesh to stick out. I have collated a bunch of these and can provide if needed/interested. All i did was just change the Emissive in the mesh from 1.00000 to 0.100000

If interested let me know and i can list them or send them. If not i'll just upload to nexus as a patch/fix for ENB users.

Edit:

Also Barret and Murphy NPC's in Northwest Seneca station seem to have some weird behaviour where they walk around into walls, eachother and get stuck.

Trugru

Post by Trugru » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:00 am

Just wanted to pop in and ask about the Sink Intelligence Unit Crashing the game entirely. New to modding so if you do respond be very descriptive, im a pleb who loves fallout :geek:

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:55 pm

Already fixed a long time ago, see my reply to your other post.

Trugru

Post by Trugru » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:10 am

Thanks for replying homie! I'm pretty crap when it comes to file management. I removed just jip, still crashed, then alll nvse still crash. If you are willing, and have a working version of TTW available. Show it to me so we don't have to go back and forth. Thanks :)