Bugs encountered so far

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
jlf65

Re: Bugs encountered so far

Post by jlf65 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:19 pm

I was in Point Lookout and ran into the baby carriage bomb. I didn't have enough Explosives to defuse it, so I backed off and let it blow. I then went over to the truck and the mines started to beep! I forgot TTW3 would have a fix for that issue where the mines usually fell through the earth and wound up near Panada's shop. Well, they were certainly where they were supposed to be this time. :lol:

So I checked the sky, and that damn floating baby carriage is still there! That was also supposed to be fixed, so I checked TTW in xEdit, and it IS supposed to be fixed - the script the makes sure the mines don't fall through the earth also should deal with the carriage... but it doesn't. I think the issue is, from looking at the script, it assumes the carriage will be destroyed if you don't diffuse it, but it's not. It's perfectly intact while floating in the sky. I did check the ref ID - it's 0a011fac, which is the one dealt with by the script. Well, should be dealt with. It's not.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:18 am

jlf65 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:19 pm
I was in Point Lookout and ran into the baby carriage bomb. I didn't have enough Explosives to defuse it, so I backed off and let it blow. I then went over to the truck and the mines started to beep! I forgot TTW3 would have a fix for that issue where the mines usually fell through the earth and wound up near Panada's shop. Well, they were certainly where they were supposed to be this time. :lol:

So I checked the sky, and that damn floating baby carriage is still there! That was also supposed to be fixed, so I checked TTW in xEdit, and it IS supposed to be fixed - the script the makes sure the mines don't fall through the earth also should deal with the carriage... but it doesn't. I think the issue is, from looking at the script, it assumes the carriage will be destroyed if you don't diffuse it, but it's not. It's perfectly intact while floating in the sky. I did check the ref ID - it's 0a011fac, which is the one dealt with by the script. Well, should be dealt with. It's not.
I noticed this too when I tested one of my mods I am working on a couple months ago. But I thought it had already been reported in the past (after TTW 3.x was released) so I didn't pay any attention. I just quickly looked around and couldn't find any reports of this... so I guess it wasn't reported in the past after all. :lol:

Thanks for the report.
Signature:

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:25 pm

Well, the trap script for that baby carriage doesn't seem to make sense - it waits for five mines to be disabled first

Code: Select all

if iMinesDisabled >= 5
        disable
endif
What mines? And what if you don't disable them? I found a quick and dirty fix for now - I set the final destruct stage flag of the baby carriage to DISABLE. It doesn't leave any debris behind, but it's not leaving any debris behind. ;)

Maybe the solution is to make one custom baby carriage for that one carriage where just that one has the last destruct stage flag set.

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:09 pm

This was already fixed for 3.2.3

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:22 pm

RoyBatty wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:09 pm
This was already fixed for 3.2.3
Cool. Thanks. It's a minor issue at best in any case, but I'm glad the next patch handles it.

docklabor

Post by docklabor » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:39 am

Hi, I have a question which doesn't deserve a new thread, so I think it's better to just ask here: Is there an ETA on 3.23? That WIP patch note has been there for like, half a year now, and there's plenty of improvements, I really dont want to miss it. But I only have time to play the game this month, so if 3.23 is still a long way off, I can start playing right away.

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:05 am

Hopefully this month sometime.

docklabor

Post by docklabor » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:22 pm

Great! thanks for the info. Guess I'll wait a little longer.

docklabor

Post by docklabor » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:12 pm

No idea if it's on my end, somehow even after had implants equal to Endurance, the doctor still told me that my character was eligible for implants. Then I used the console to set Endurance to a very low value, the doctor's response was still the same.

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:31 pm

Only your real endurance matters, adding an endurance implant will not effect how many implants you can have.