Bugs encountered so far

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
RoyBatty
Gary

Re: Bugs encountered so far

Post by RoyBatty » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:20 am

No idea, haven't seen it with hundreds of hours of testing.

Are you using animation replacers?

requested

Post by requested » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:46 pm

RoyBatty wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:05 am
Can't reproduce the terminal crashes, had several people test it.
I'm fairly certain by now that no matter which terminal it is, when I try to access it when locked out I get a CTD. Is there anything I can do to help you guys or should I just ignore it?
Playing with the bug is certainly possible, since I know now how to circumvent it^^

Edit: The problem with the unresponsive mouse seems to be gone now, installing new drivers and disabling gamepad rumble seems to have done the trick.

IvoryOwl

Post by IvoryOwl » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:13 pm

RoyBatty wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:20 am
No idea, haven't seen it with hundreds of hours of testing.

Are you using animation replacers?
None. Been playing for a few more hours and it seems like the bug is gone. I should note that all of this occurred in the Super Duper Mart and it was also in there that when I reloaded the game the dead bodies started to slowly spin and bend into themselves while floating through the air and into the walls (where they clipped and went beyond it). However I haven't been able to replicate this ever since. It was creepy.

I can also also confirm Requested's computer bug, to an extent. In the vault 101 if you interact with the PC on the medical bay during the escape it causes a CTD. But that was only then, fortunately other computers seem to work just fine (except for the one I pointed out on Blood Ties).

requested

Post by requested » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:59 pm

I just encountered my fourth wrist-hanging corpse^^ They are few and far between, and the only thing they have in common is that they were all raiders. This one had a 10mm submachine gun, definitely not the same as the others.

Sorry, it's a bit dark^^

€dit: Removed link, since the picture was deleted.
Last edited by requested on Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:08 am

bizarre, could be the armor or helmet

requested

Post by requested » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:53 pm

Regarding the terminal CTDs, I just read the changelog of JIP's plugin and it seems to address the issue. I'll try it out as soon as I can.

Edit: A quick test seems to indicate it works. Awesome^^

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:34 am

Yes it was a bug in a function we use, it has been fixed.

legend-status95

Post by legend-status95 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:51 am

In the Mothership Zeta DLC, when in the
SpoilerShow
robot assembly, activating the panel to blow a hole in the side of the assembly line doesn't work. There's an explosion, but it doesn't create a hole, even when I try to activate it with the console. Using no clip I can get to the generator, but then I can't blow up the generator either, and so far I haven't gotten it to work with completeallobjectives either.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:17 pm

This bug happens if you do the Hangar first, we're working on it now for two days. It's the robot pod nifs causing some kind of memory corruption. Hope to have it fixed tomorrow, we're delaying the update until this can be fixed. In the meantime, reload a save before you did the hangar, do robot assembly first and you won't have any issues.

CleverArtisan

Post by CleverArtisan » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:29 am

Cannot unequip the 'Rolling Pin' after exiting the Tranquility Lane simulation in Fallout 3.

Steps to reproduce:
SpoilerShow
  1. Enter the Tranquility Lane Simulation.
  2. Do NOT progress the Tranquility Lane questline by following the orders given by 'Betty'.
  3. Locate and equip the 'Rolling Pin' from the kitchen in the Rockwell house.
  4. Keep the 'Rolling Pin' equipped at all times.
  5. Head to the Abandoned House, Activate the Failsafe Terminal, and Start the 'Chinese Invasion' Simulation.
  6. Exit the Abandoned House and speak to 'Betty' to complete the quest.
  7. Exit the Simulation via the Exit Door that appears with the 'Rolling Pin' still equipped.
Typically, upon exiting the simulation, all items acquired from the simulation should be unequipped and removed from the players' inventory including the 'Rolling Pin'. The only items that should remain are the 'Pint-Sized Slasher Mask' and 'Slasher Knife' if acquired.
However, after exiting the simulation, the 'Rolling Pin' is still equipped. It cannot be un-equipped, it cannot be dropped, and it cannot be replaced by attempting to equip a different weapon. Since you cannot re-access the simulation, you cannot remove the 'Rolling Pin' without using console commands. Attempting to re-access the simulation using the command 'coc TLOrigin' only places the player inside the worldspace. It does not revert you to a child, and it does not properly unflag the 'Rolling Pin' as a quest item meaning the 'Rolling Pin' is still locked and equipped.

In order to properly remove the item you must use the following console commands:
  1. Player.UnequipItem xx029769
  2. SetQuestObject xx029769 0
Where, with a standard load order, the 'xx' should be '06'.

After this the 'Rolling Pin' can be dropped.