Bugs encountered so far

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
Manan

Re: Bugs encountered so far

Post by Manan » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:56 pm

Laclongquan wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:10 pm
Spore Carrier and Spore Plant in vanilla Mojave doesnt have any loot. Which always bug me even if I havent played HH dlc yet.
I made a plugin that addresses not long ago(though that's not the only change as it wasn't the original focus). If you want it, it's here.

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:51 pm

Vanilla Bug TTW might want to deal with because breaking economy in both Capital Wasteland and Mojave.

1 Rocket = 25
1 HE = 1 Incendiary = 150

2 rocket = 1 HE + 1 conductor. Profit = 150+30 -2x25= 130
2 rocket + 2 flamerfuel = 1 incendiary + 2 cherry bomb + 1 conductor. Profit = 150 + 2x5 + 30 - 2x25 - 2= 138

Rockets are sold in great number in Mojave shops.
Rocket can be disassembled from missile with no loss of cost. And missile is available with great number in Capital Wasteland.

Requirement: Repair 50, Science 65. Science is easy because everything resolved around that kind of level. Repair 50 is easy because repair 35 + magazine (with comprehension) + vault utility suit .

You just need a normal build not even dedicated to science/repair build and you can break the bank at ease.
-------------
Barter doesnt come into it because the difference in number is too great. Uninvested in barter would have 20+, adding a magazine and booze and you can push it 50-. That would ensure profit range 50-100.
--------------
Easiest solution is change HE and incendiary price down to 50. Sure, that mean players can buy it from shops easier, but at least they can not break the economy of both lands~
Moreover in Capital Wasteland they can not buy weapon to shoot rocket anyway.

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:08 am

Unsure if the bug, exist since vanilla and supposedly fix in some patch, get introduced recently somewhere. Reference https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Lead_(F ... New_Vegas)

Lead has weight? Around 714.5 unit of lead weight 1 pound. Which frankly goes against the breaking down 1 pound/unit scrap metal = 200 lead.

IT's unimportant that lead has weight. The bug is that, unlike the weightless primers and powders, lead has weight thus the whole block of lead in your inventory show to be -- but can weight VERY heavy in actuality.

The above link say some patch introduce that block of lead will show all its weight, unlike other items. Possibly that get suppressed somewhere.

As that link mention: Repair player who do a lot of breaking down bullets to make customized would notice this bug instantly.

TheRealPsydeffex

Post by TheRealPsydeffex » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:51 pm

Has anyone encountered this strange bug. when entering or leaving near Springvale.
when you suddenly get teleported to Newvegas specifcally you get teleported in the sky just above the BoS Bunker leading to the
Dead money dlc. which Consistently Happens when your character reaches a certain level.
somewhere around 6-10 the moment you step near the sprinvale area the game will suddenly stop a bit then load, and boom your up in the sky in newvegas and you get dropped right next to the said bunker entrance.i had to coc in order to return to DC.

Death_Reaper56

Post by Death_Reaper56 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:30 pm

TheRealPsydeffex wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:51 pm
Has anyone encountered this strange bug. when entering or leaving near Springvale.
when you suddenly get teleported to Newvegas specifcally you get teleported in the sky just above the BoS Bunker leading to the
Dead money dlc. which Consistently Happens when your character reaches a certain level.
somewhere around 6-10 the moment you step near the sprinvale area the game will suddenly stop a bit then load, and boom your up in the sky in newvegas and you get dropped right next to the said bunker entrance.i had to coc in order to return to DC.
Mod issue.

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:53 am

Yeah, sounds really like an event happen, then they coc PC away.

Fallout 3 mod imported improperly perhaps?

Lyndi

Post by Lyndi » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:57 pm

Most likely they're using something horribly broken like MMUE that reused FO3 records for some baffling reason.
Produces the programming equivalent of coffee stains.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:59 am

There's a vanilla debug quest, or rather a quest for E3 demo that was left enabled. Disabling it should fix the bug (already fixed).

If you still get it, get rid of MMUE and restart your game because it's totally broken.

TheRealPsydeffex

Post by TheRealPsydeffex » Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:46 am

MMUE? i dont think i have that installed. also it only happens once, after using COC to go back to DC. springvale it no longer triggers.

Also i found another problem i dont know if this has happened to anyone,but this is a really weird one. cause the meshes for certain objects lighting and buildings,have the missing Mesh error when being opened/Viewed inside the Geck. the weird thing about this is that the Said Meshes seem's to be fine when the game loads as in no error but whenever i open the geck the said meshes are giving me the error. i accidentally found this weird problem when i tried to fix a player-home mod which was Too Small in the Interiors. and i wanted to enlarge the inside.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:47 am

TheRealPsydeffex wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:46 am
Also i found another problem i dont know if this has happened to anyone,but this is a really weird one. cause the meshes for certain objects lighting and buildings,have the missing Mesh error when being opened/Viewed inside the Geck. the weird thing about this is that the Said Meshes seem's to be fine when the game loads as in no error but whenever i open the geck the said meshes are giving me the error. i accidentally found this weird problem when i tried to fix a player-home mod which was Too Small in the Interiors. and i wanted to enlarge the inside.
You need to use GECK Extender and add all the necessary bsa's to the GECKCustom.ini:
SArchiveList=Fallout - Invalidation.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Textures2.bsa, TaleOfTwoWastelands - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Meshes2.bsa, TaleOfTwoWastelands - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa, Fallout - Voices1.bsa, TaleOfTwoWastelands - Voices.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, TaleOfTwoWastelands - Sound.bsa
Signature: