Bugs encountered so far

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
Manan

Re: Bugs encountered so far

Post by Manan » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:06 pm

It's intended not to be picked up in the vanilla game. There's one in the Hidden Valley Bunker, along with several other broken pieces of equipment. If you try and take it there, one of the NPCs nearby will amusedly tell you it's broken and you won't kill anything with it. I'm... not sure why the devs placed it there instead of a Laser Rifle set to 0 condition, as I don't remember that cave having any NPCs owning it, but the item's ID is different enough from the normal version that I doubt it was placed on accident.

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:10 pm

Met again a famous bug of Honest Heart DLC at the end of it.

When we see Joshua pointing a gun on the group of 3 White Legs, excution style~ We stuck. Freeze. can move the POV a little but unable to talk. Event also stop progressing.

The method to get out of this is talked about on wikia. Use console to enableplayercontrols to be able to move. Talk with Salt upon Wounds to initiate.

Again, this is a vanilla bug, not TTW. But I guess I put this bug here plus the work around to help documenting it.

cadmonkey369

Post by cadmonkey369 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:01 am

Played through The Pitt to discover over half of my items were never returned.

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:10 am

Huh? They were return after winning arena in the footlocker. The whole bunch of it. Are you certain?

cadmonkey369

Post by cadmonkey369 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:31 am

Played through it a second time to make sure.
Turns out take all wasn't taking everything lol.

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:10 pm

I am not really sure a (mis)design or not but it bugs (!) ever the living hell out of me, last time decade ago, and this time right now.

Here go:

Spore Carrier and Spore Plant in vanilla Mojave doesnt have any loot. Which always bug me even if I havent played HH dlc yet.

SC and SP in Zion have loot, like any normal enemies would.

So whenever I run across SC and SP in Mojave, it really irk me that no loot whatsoever.

Do you guys, the TTW modders, think is a bug or not?

EDIT: I know, it sounds a bit OCD. BUT STILL~ I argue that this lack is a bug that really sucks.

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:38 am

Companion dismissal.

Using the Gun Runners panel to dismiss companion (prior to Zion trek) send Veronica to Megaton instead of Trading Post 188.

Cass is safely in Mojave Outpost Barracks.

Walk around without moving back to CW:

prid her ref id.
moveto player.

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:51 am

TWO vanilla bugs:
Merchant bug
If a merchant accrues more than 32,767 caps then any transfer of currency from the merchant to PC will become impossible.
This is a documented vanilla bug and I suspect TTW modders wont fix it. But might as well list it here.
Work around:
Never keep more than 20k bottlecaps on your inventory just to be on the safe side. You might incidentally gather money during your shopping spree, after all.
Note: I heard this also affect The Sink shopping interface. Since it's the only repair shop around, you might want to repair too much and so drive its bottlecap over 32k limit. The money come from shopping itself is rarely a problem because you generally want to buy all the only shop has, and sell all you can, so it's likely you are going to get all its money and can control which side has too much money.
-------------------------------------------------
Hidden Valley, BOS bunker, Torres shop.

We still can reach some (owned) power armors and helmets through the blocking plate. Easy stuffs for picking.

Mind you, it's not that urgent or exploitative. Still in The Dark quest just received will lead us precisely to BOS corpses with PA, two of which is nearby. So if you want tin cans, it's easy to get.
Last edited by Laclongquan on Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:49 am

Not a bug as such. Design oversight?

The Lawn Mower Blade in CW should be nonexistent OTHER than the lawn mower container behind the train, and a container (unsure if random or fixed loot) in Union AP station.
++ 4 of this in Gibson's shack, the one that relate to Veronica's quest. This one exist from vanilla~ And it's super rare to buy one from Mojave merchant. Super rare. So it's not reliable if you want to resupply that item from shops.

So this is a limit to crafting Shishkebab in Mojave. So if you want it before level 16 (that it would get sold), find the train station and scour it for parts.

After 20, the white legs melee fighter might carry one. This is quite reliable: one trip to Zion and you can find around 6.
Last edited by Laclongquan on Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:17 am, edited 4 times in total.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:32 am

32k cap bug was fixed by JIP ages ago.

Lawnmower blade is avail from level 1, I'm not much concerned with NVs repurposing of vanilla Fallout 3 craftable weapons.