Bugs encountered so far

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
Laclongquan

Re: Bugs encountered so far

Post by Laclongquan » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:22 am

When I said, itsy bitsy radiation, it's because my rad res is 85%, plus some extra perks in that aspect. EVEN SO, even if I downgrade my rad res to 15%, for example, those original rad is still nothing worth troubling about consider 10*5=50 HP per aqua cura.

As for xedit... lemme see.

@Lyndi it's extremely nice and constructive of you to ask me using advanced and high level tool for checking bugs. Very practical of you.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:00 am

He COULD have just told you to turn off ALL mods and then report on the "bug". That's what is normally the case. Again, you must make sure that any reports are not due to ANY mod before reporting them. Your choice: disable all mods, or check xEdit.

Lyndi

Post by Lyndi » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:56 pm

Laclongquan wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:22 am
When I said, itsy bitsy radiation, it's because my rad res is 85%, plus some extra perks in that aspect. EVEN SO, even if I downgrade my rad res to 15%, for example, those original rad is still nothing worth troubling about consider 10*5=50 HP per aqua cura.

As for xedit... lemme see.

@Lyndi it's extremely nice and constructive of you to ask me using advanced and high level tool for checking bugs. Very practical of you.
It's not high level. You should be using it to make a merge patch at the very least if you want your mods to play nicely together(viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8449.) That's basics of modding. In any case, this isn't the thread to discuss it.
Produces the programming equivalent of coffee stains.

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:53 am

I am always on topic. Its you that deviate with your mentioning xedit. Ive played a lot of modded fnv games and never used such things. If its conflicted and uneasily fixable, i would drop it.

Like isaid, its very constructive of you tomention using high level tool like xedit. Never use it it before, dont plan to learn it in future.

Yes. Its a long way to say i dont use much mods, or even complicated mods. Your implying that i use to many mods to create bugs is not confirmed.

Lyndi

Post by Lyndi » Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:26 am

Laclongquan wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:53 am
I am always on topic. Its you that deviate with your mentioning xedit. Ive played a lot of modded fnv games and never used such things. If its conflicted and uneasily fixable, i would drop it.

Like isaid, its very constructive of you tomention using high level tool like xedit. Never use it it before, dont plan to learn it in future.

Yes. Its a long way to say i dont use much mods, or even complicated mods. Your implying that i use to many mods to create bugs is not confirmed.
You are "always on topic" and yet you continue to try and bicker. I'm trying to point you to a tool with some very basic features you can use to browse for potential issues. Mod authors waste countless hours of their spare time chasing down "bugs" reported by people who can't be bothered to actually determine which mod is causing their issue. The "bugs" you've reported so far either aren't bugs or are caused by something else in your load order. I was trying to get you to stop wasting other peoples time.
Produces the programming equivalent of coffee stains.

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:36 pm

It should be quick and simple to prove whether ít a bug
1. Open ttw game.
2. Open console type
Search "aqua pura"
Player.additem
Search "aqua cura"
Player.additem
3. Open pipboy and check stat of both items. Cura should be double hp heal of pura. Which is not how f3 original setting.

Checkit before accusing me of whatever

Manan

Post by Manan » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:44 am

I think I can be of help here. I noticed the same issue some time ago for Dirty vs. Purified Water.
SpoilerShow
Dirty Water appeared to give me about double the healing of Purified Water -- bizarre, as I knew for a fact that isn't vanilla behavior. Investigation in FNVedit made me realize the behavior stemmed from using Food Sanitizer; when carrying food sanitizer, the healing effectiveness of Dirty Water (and also Aqua Cura) is increased from +2/5s to +2/5s + 2. However, because of how those conditions are set up, the two healing amounts will be combined incorrectly in the Pip-Boy and show up as +4/5s (or some multiple of this from Survival skill). A similar bug exists in the vanilla game with Blood Sausages and Red Paste appearing to an insane amount of healing, when really it's just a mild health boost and decent healing erroneously being shown as combined into one stat.

Purified Water and Aqua Pura on the other hand are not affected by Food Sanitizer, probably because they're already "sanitary." So in reality, yeah dirty water variants heal you slightly more in TTW with Food Sanitizer -- just not nearly as much as the Pip-Boy implies. Personally, I fixed this on my end by having totally separate healing for with Food Sanitizer and without; +2/6s with and +2/5s without. I also made Purified Water equally improved by Food Sanitizer to keep it totally superior as I think it should be. I'll actually be releasing those changes as part of my Convenient Crafting TTW mod shortly, had been planning to for a while.

As far as FNVedit goes, I'd say while it DOES have plenty of advanced features, it's definitely something you want to get the basics of if you're using TTW. It might seem overwhelming at first, but with a little effort you should find there's a lot of human-readable information that you won't necessarily need spelled out for you. Ever since I started using it a couple years ago my game has been getting progressively cleaner and more seamless.
Moving on. I actually had a small bug I wanted to report regarding the Ghoul Grinder - Roamers challenge. I noticed the challenge hasn't progressed for me at all, and I'm beyond level 30. Last couple Roamers I killed, I decided to take down their IDs (CrFeralGhoul2ADC and CrFeralGhoul2BDC) and found they weren't in the appropriate challenge formlist.

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:45 am

Interrrrrrresting~

Never notice the issue with Dirty Water because I drink PW as a form of enforced RP. So by the time getting sanitizer i never look at it once~

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:27 pm

Zion, Angel Cave.

The Dead Horse Disciple of Canaan that greet us when we enter that cave the first time. EDIT: all the females of Dead Horse and Sorrows I think.

Her wrists and hands are pink without any detail.

That is a bug, right?

EDIT: My load order include T4 and T4 plugin, so it's also possible that it's on my side. If any other dont report same problem as this, I think.

EDITY EDIT: It's possible a vanilla issue. Once I complete White Bird Shaman's quest of killing ghost of she, they start wearing yaoguai gauntlet. Checking their inventory (inv) show they have armor of gauntlet hand.

It's possibly a bug, but the issue is whether TTW modders decide to solving vanilla bug. And a graphic one at that.

A secondary cause is maybe level list: when I get to level 10 and their level list display that gauntlet and hide that pink hand. So the bug is hidden. So if it's the case, then this should be a rarely seen bug because only lvl10- player visit Zion. I think maybe this is why no one report this bug before: who would/could visit Zion that early without using slower level mod?

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:11 am

Zion, Stone Bones Cave, unpickupable Broken Laser Rifle.

It lie right next to the Reloading bench.

The wikia page does mention it so I figure this is a vanilla bug.

Suggestion: How about add a repair script to that? similar to Doc Mitchel house's broken SMG.