Bugs encountered so far

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
Panzermann11

Re: Bugs encountered so far

Post by Panzermann11 » Tue May 03, 2022 3:23 am

RoyBatty wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 1:28 am
Well no it's not, or it would have 3 barrels. It's also missing our iron sights, so you're overriding it with something.
The weapon is actually fully modded, it's just that the bug caused it to not be visible.
I swear, the weapon was looking fine before I updated the mod to 3.3.1.

EDIT: Alright, I found out the bug was actually caused by the non-YUP version of Asterra's Many Fixes I was using. Disabling the mod fixes this issue.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Tue May 03, 2022 5:10 am

It's already been in the incompatible mod list for a reason, do not use Asterras fixes, they are wholly incompatible with TTW. There's nothing there that's fixed that we either haven't done that's an actual bug, or been fixed on the engine level instead of vanilla only script functions.

Bugs are not to be reported unless you are playing vanilla TTW anyways, it's almost always a mod.

Panzermann11

Post by Panzermann11 » Tue May 03, 2022 9:40 am

RoyBatty wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 5:10 am
It's already been in the incompatible mod list for a reason, do not use Asterras fixes, they are wholly incompatible with TTW. There's nothing there that's fixed that we either haven't done that's an actual bug, or been fixed on the engine level instead of vanilla only script functions.

Bugs are not to be reported unless you are playing vanilla TTW anyways, it's almost always a mod.
A list of incompatible mods? Where can I view it? There's one for 3.2, but I can't find anything about Asterra's Many Fixes.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Tue May 03, 2022 11:25 am

Panzermann11 wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 9:40 am
RoyBatty wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 5:10 am

A list of incompatible mods? Where can I view it? There's one for 3.2, but I can't find anything about Asterra's Many Fixes.
That list is for TTW 3.2+. The + means that it's for any version after 3.2, which includes 3.3 and 3.3.1. ;)

Check point number 15:
YUP and other unofficial patch mods -- TTW comes with YUPTTW which patches almost all bugs and will continue to do so. TTW itself fixes bugs in Fallout 3 and New Vegas as well, sometimes supersedes fixes in YUP which are then removed from it.
"Asterra's Many Fixes" is an unofficial patch mod, just like any other mod that includes fixes for the game.

Our FAQ also has this section:
Q: Is fix mod X compatible with TTW?

A: No, TTW already fixes this issue, the issue needs fixed at the engine level, or is incompatible with TTW. Some of these incompatible fix mods include but are not limited to:

NVEC
MMUE
YUP (TTW includes its own YUP version called YUPTTW.esm)
NVSE Unofficial Patch
Unofficial Patch Plus
HeroInZero's weapon fixes
Weapon Mesh Improvement Mod (included)
To access a larger list of Mods that are incompatible with TTW, check the forum

So like it says on our FAQ, no (New Vegas or FO3 obviously) "fix" mods are compatible with TTW.
Signature:

girapomba

Post by girapomba » Wed May 04, 2022 2:47 am

Hi, just wondering, Charisma and Speech bobbleheads locations are swapped.

Also, the Charisma bobblehead pick up script it's not properly adding the perk(atleast for me).
In the script BobbleheadCHAScript the line is:
player.addperk TTWBobbleheadPerkCharisma 1

But I only could add (via console) with the command:
player.addperk TTWBobbleheadPerkCharisma

Without the "1".

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Wed May 04, 2022 7:22 pm

The locations are swapped on purpose.

Somehow my fixes for bobbleheads got left out of 3.3.1 , they will be added in 3.3.2

girapomba

Post by girapomba » Wed May 04, 2022 8:14 pm

Yep, using 3.3.1.

I tried looking in the forum, FAQ and changelogs to see if it was already adressed.
Maybe there was something in the discord servers.

Anyway, thanks for the clarification.

Panzermann11

Post by Panzermann11 » Thu May 05, 2022 4:42 pm

Alright, so the game thinks I'm not allowed in, even though the store is open (I can tell because the doors aren't locked, I've never broke into any stores while they're closed).

This wasn't a problem before I updated to 3.3.1. How the hell am I supposed to complete Wasteland Survival Guide now?
Last edited by Panzermann11 on Fri May 06, 2022 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Fri May 06, 2022 4:30 am

Forgot to tell people to wait until noon and make a save before updating...

here's a bat you can run from console, or just put them in manually. Do so and save.

SetCellPublicFlag MegatonCratersideSupply 1
SetCellPublicFlag RCHangar 1
SetCellPublicFlag MegatonLucasSimmsHouse 1
SetCellPublicFlag MegatonLucyWestHouse 1
SetCellPublicFlag MegatonBillyCreelsHouse 1
SetCellPublicFlag MegatonClinic 1

GalenKnight56

Post by GalenKnight56 » Fri May 06, 2022 7:44 pm

Not sure if this is due to an installation error, but I noticed since updating to 3.3.1, the Pipboy world map for New Vegas is pretty bare and all the roads on the map are way off their proper position in the worldspace. I still have the old 3.3 files and I didn't get this issue in that version. Here is an image of what I am talking about.

https://imgur.com/a/veEnux9