Bugs encountered so far

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
Bullfrog

Re: Bugs encountered so far

Post by Bullfrog » Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:29 am

suryong wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:18 pm
This one is not game breaking but weird, the overseer in "growing up fast" quest, will go down into the reactor level instead of going upstairs to speak with the security guard. and it looks like the overseer is "trying" to talk to the guard through the floor, because the guard upstairs is looking at the floor where the overseer is in the reactor level.

https://imgur.com/a/NOws3pU
I already reported this one here for version 3.3.1 hotfix 1. This bug wasn't present in version 3.2.2 where this package was done a bit differently. The overseer just can't seem to proceed to the marker behind the locked door and cell transition. I fixed it by applying the 3.2.2 solution in 3.3.x.

You may also want to pay attention to this package/script problem with Captain Parker in the Aerotech Park in New Vegas. This was also broken starting with the 3.3.x versions (bug in YUPTTW).

suryong

Post by suryong » Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:25 pm

Bullfrog wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:29 am

I already reported this one here for version 3.3.1 hotfix 1. This bug wasn't present in version 3.2.2 where this package was done a bit differently. The overseer just can't seem to proceed to the marker behind the locked door and cell transition. I fixed it by applying the 3.2.2 solution in 3.3.x.

You may also want to pay attention to this package/script problem with Captain Parker in the Aerotech Park in New Vegas. This was also broken starting with the 3.3.x versions (bug in YUPTTW).
Thanks for the reply Bullfrog. I'm not savvy with Geck and wont really know how to make the script changes. But may I ask, Is TTW 3.2 less buggy than 3.3?
If so I'll just switch back to 3.2 until new updates.
Thanks again for the reply.

Bullfrog

Post by Bullfrog » Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:49 pm

No, TTW 3.2 is not less buggy. There are many bug fixes in 3.3 that you will miss if you downgrade. It's just that 3.3 still has some bugs that need to be fixed with a future update.

Regarding the problem with packages or scripts - it seems to me that the TTW authors tried to do some things in a different way in 3.3 to make things more simple. Maybe they relied on engine fixes in certain plugins like JIPLN, but these fixes do not fully work. I don't really know, but they may need to revert some of the changes in a future update to get things working properly again.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:06 am

Overseer testing by myself, Risewild, Kazo, and a few other people. He paths correctly every single time.

I did the Aerotech quests on live stream, no issues.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:20 am

Like Roy said. I just tested it too a few times and works fine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFGpeAf5nFk
Signature:

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:40 am

This thread is too old and clogged by now. And contain bug reports from older versions of TTW and wasn't even a real TTW bug report thread in the first place.

So it was decided that it should be locked and a new one be made. Please report all new TTW bugs here:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9974
Signature: