Bugs encountered so far

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
LuckyGrunt

Re: Bugs encountered so far

Post by LuckyGrunt » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:44 pm

I've encountered a couple of bugs when I start in D.C.

● After selecting sex, name and face, Liam Neeson says "I wonder what kind of person you'll grow up to be" (paraphrasing) then he just stands there staring at me until I close the game.

● Even before my character is born, the movie that states; "And so the child left the safety of the vault to search for the parent" Etc. Etc. In the console, it states that I haven't completed the vault quest, even though I haven't even made a character yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks. Peace and love, my dudes.

yarrmateys

Post by yarrmateys » Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:01 pm

the see through doors in columbus circle, cw side union station and its terminal are completely see through, showing the holes into empty space behind them. in geck i see it uses a black plane marker to cover it, but it's invisible ingame. not sure if it's vanilla or some nvse mod that hides it (in fo4 at least those only appear in ck and on local map to obscure objects that go outside of bounds, as well as to block sunlight and spotlights), but if you make a copy of the black plane and replace the instances of it with that copy, it will work as intended.

https://i.imgur.com/AtriDHL.jpg

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:22 pm

Doors in columbus station is a mod bug, doesn't have anything to do with TTW.

The intro sequence not working is a bug with some mod too, you should see the trait menu after dad says that line.

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:55 am

Why do the plo Tribals doesnt get proper skin tone like other race like raider etc. After taking away their armor they look like 2 or 3 skin tone together. And some still wear the tribal oufit visual after taking armor away.

More importantly, how to fix it?

Edit: temp fix. In your body replacer of your choice, copypasta folder female into tribalfemale. This affect all the female tribals.

2nd edit: i think this bug was caused by installing bnb plus a body replacer. I havent tried hard to find a bugfix for this since the temp fix above work well enough.
Last edited by Laclongquan on Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WalkerMx

Post by WalkerMx » Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:07 pm

It looks like the 'Intense Training' perk is checking Perception twice, instead of Perception and Intelligence.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:46 pm

WalkerMx wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:07 pm
It looks like the 'Intense Training' perk is checking Perception twice, instead of Perception and Intelligence.
Fixed, thanks.

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:06 pm

Harkness does not stand at RC bridgehead to greet player 1st time set foot here (f3 place).

Is there any deeper meaning to this removal that i dont know about? The f3 designed place have him there doing that is pretty consequential, imo.

Plrase tell me bug or not

Bullfrog

Post by Bullfrog » Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:23 pm

Hmm, for me Harkness stood at the bridge and force greeted me after I crossed it, just how it's supposed to be. I'm not sure if I went there in 3.3.1 HF2 and updated to 3.3.2 afterwards or if I was already playing on 3.3.2.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:39 pm

Harkness has always been there for me 1st time unless I went and got Dad first from Vault 112.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:34 am

He has always been there for me the first time I go to Rivet City. Including two days ago when I started a new game and rushed it to the end of Broken Steel for testing reasons.
So he was there for me even though I went to rescue dad before I had ever been to Rivet City, and this wasn't the first time I rush to get dad first, and Harkness has always been there. His initial dialogue is different since the player options change and don't include the answers on why we want to enter Rivet City for the first time (since we are going with dad in tow) :lol: .
Signature: