Fawkes Won't Talk to Me (Solved)

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
Hitori_001

Fawkes Won't Talk to Me (Solved)

Post by Hitori_001 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:18 pm

Hello,

I'm having an annoying bug with Fawkes. I can recruit him when exiting Raven Rock, but using the companion wheel I cannot talk to him or make him wait. He just says "Go away bleeder" if I try to talk to him, and will continue to follow me if I tell him to wait.

If I do not recruit him immediately after exiting Raven Rock, he does return to the Museum of History, but will give me no dialogue options and simply say "Go away bleeder". My karma is more than high enough to recruit him.

I've tried killing/resurrecting him, resetting his dialogue, resetting his AI, resetting his aggro, and resetting his hire quest. If I reset his hire quest, I do get the chance to hire him again - but I still can't talk to him or make him wait after the fact.

So while it's not game breaking, it is annoying. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

Here's my technical details:

Windows 7 SP1, i7-4280K, 16GB RAM

Nexus Mod Manager 0.63.14

Fallout 3 GOTY + New Vegas All DLC

Load Order:

https://pastebin.com/6Y8fnqZr

RoyBatty
Gary

You are using AWOP for NV,

Post by RoyBatty » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:13 pm

You are using AWOP for NV, open AWOP for NV in xEdit and find the formid list for companions and remove it from the mod.

Hitori_001

Aaaand.... fixed.

Post by Hitori_001 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:23 pm

Aaaand.... fixed.

Thank you so much!

cagedtie

Re: Fawkes Won't Talk to Me (Solved)

Post by cagedtie » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:17 pm

I'm having the same problem. I know the issue is between TTW (Fawkes) and Fallout Who Vegas, possibly the companion system they have. i just don't know how to solve it :(

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:51 pm

Uninstall Who Vegas, it is not compatible with TTW. It's clearly stated in the incompatible mods list.

MassimoCosetti

Post by MassimoCosetti » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:48 am

Hi. I'm trying to apply this fix but I'm kinda lost. Could you please help me?

I have to find one record of "followers" that it's under "FormID List"? or I have to find all the records that contain "follower" and delete them?

Or if there's a patch or something that already fix this, I would be glad. Thanks in advance