TTW versions 2.4 and up: Guide to How to Reach the Train Stations

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
Risewild

[*SPOILERS*]

Post by Risewild » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:13 am

[*SPOILERS*]

[collapsed title=Free ticket]There is a free ticket in the DC side of the station, near a terminal that is related to a certain robot.[/collapsed]

Signature:

anstand

You guys did an awesome job

Post by anstand » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:37 pm

You guys did an awesome job at creating this new world space and all its interiors.

It looks absolutely astonishing and is incredible immersive!

Risewild

Skidborg wrote:

Post by Risewild » Mon May 02, 2016 8:46 am

[quote=Skidborg]

The picture guide doesn't appear to have pictures anymore.  Slightly hard to follow without them.

[/quote]

Fixed the images smiley.

Signature:

TrickyVein

Thanks Rise, I hadn't even

Post by TrickyVein » Mon May 02, 2016 2:52 pm

Thanks Rise, I hadn't even realized.

Mystical Panda

Right click on it and "Save

Post by Mystical Panda » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:09 am

Right click on it and "Save Target As..." (or something similar to that). For some reason, your browser is trying to open it up rather than saving it to disk.

Deathclaw_Mayor16

Mcjimmer wrote:

Post by Deathclaw_Mayor16 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:11 am

[quote=Mcjimmer]

Okay so i've played ttw multiple times without  problems but recently i decided to start a character in Vegas and i finished the story and im wandering if there's any way i can go to dc and start from the beginning of fo3

[/quote]

Are you talking about using the character you made in regular New Vegas without TTW? If so,no.Using a current character from New Vegas will not work.You have to start a new game with TTW.If you were using TTW but used the Alertnate start mod for it to start in New Vegas,you should be able to do the Fallout 3 quests including the main quest just by traveling to DC.Only things you miss out on is the vault section of the game.

Puppettron
Gary

If you've already completed

Post by Puppettron » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:55 pm

If you've already completed NV MQ ON a TTW playthrough, the only way to do anything else in the game is to use a Continue After Main Quest mod, because FNV never added a continue function like Fo3 did with BS
perms:  either a full fireworks display spelling out "Puppettron Made This" anytime a user accesses my content in-game, or just give me credit somewhere.

RoyBatty

This was solved in discord.

Post by RoyBatty » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:07 am

This was solved in discord.

Puppettron
Gary

screenshot?

Post by Puppettron » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:14 pm

screenshot?

perms:  either a full fireworks display spelling out "Puppettron Made This" anytime a user accesses my content in-game, or just give me credit somewhere.

RoyBatty

Constructive feedback is

Post by RoyBatty » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:53 pm

Constructive feedback is always appreciated. Thank you for your thoughts.

I will fix the issue with the station being locked when coming from Vegas, but it will not work from an NV save, it will have to be TTW installed from the beginning. This is just required in general for things to not be completely broken in other ways as well.

An estimated 100000 people or more have played TTW in it's current released form, and there have only been a few complaints about the station and it's quest. A lot of the complaints were from people following outdated guides on youtube which we have no control over. I've seen only about 20 complaints about the station quest itself, and you are the first to say something about the difficulty. However we have taken the feedback seriously and it's clear that the quest is not very fun and sort of tedious, rest assured we will address this.

As for finding the station, there is now a random encounter which will mark it on the map and you can optionally buy a ticket at the time.

We balance around normal difficulty, it is balanced like F3 is. We do not balance like NV (which is very very casual), because it severely detracts from replayability and offers no challenge. It is our creative vision just like the games are the creative visions of Bethesda and Obsidian, which are very different from each other. Balance is difficult and you cannot please everyone, but Bethesda offered a solution to this, the difficulty adjustment in the game settings. This often goes overlooked, and that is also not our fault, but the players.

As for changing the balance, adding things like vertibird travel and whatever else someone might desire, that is what mods are for and we encourage people to mod TTW and use it as a basis for their work. When the new version comes out we very much hope for that since a lot of work has been put into it to balance things better and make the games as bug-free as we can make them.