TTW versions 2.4 and up: Guide to How to Reach the Train Stations

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
Puppettron
Gary

Post by Puppettron » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:18 am

perms:  either a full fireworks display spelling out "Puppettron Made This" anytime a user accesses my content in-game, or just give me credit somewhere.

Risewild

gluttoncreeper wrote:

Post by Risewild » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:05 pm

[quote=gluttoncreeper]

What version did you guys move the train station in Freeside? Just curious, last I played where I used the train was v2.2. (...)[/quote]

As the name of this thread says TTW versions 2.4 and up wink.

About why it was changed, it was to match the real station location that served as inspiration for the TTW made one, also since the building was built from scratch to once again match the real world station, it wouldn't make sense trying to stick an entire building in the same place as the old station door was.

Signature:

deadboy

Probably the one you have to

Post by deadboy » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:22 pm

Probably the one you have to go through the [collapsed title=Hidden text] restaraunt [/collapsed] for.

TrickyVein

Yes, you'll need a patch.

Post by TrickyVein » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:32 pm

Yes, you'll need a patch. Look here.

TrickyVein

You're welcome. 

Post by TrickyVein » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:14 am

You're welcome. 

What I hope everyone is able to experience is discovering the station and the new location added by TTW on their own for the first time, just as they might have discovered any other area of DC in the vanilla game.

JaxFirehart

Yup, as annoying as it is

Post by JaxFirehart » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:27 am

Yup, as annoying as it is when people go "Halp I'm in Columbus Square and I can't find the train station" I try to interpret it as "Holy shit, you guys did so good on Columbus Square that I can't even tell it's a non-vanilla area" and it gives me warm fuzzies. Not that I had anything to do with the Train Station, specifically, just proud to be part of the team that made it.

sr383

I coc'd to Goodsprings and

Post by sr383 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:54 pm

I coc'd to Goodsprings and picked up Precious, The Storyteller, and Willow. (I wanted followers that integrate nicely with JIP.) I then coc'd back to DC and fought my way into the station. All the enemies seem to be dead.

I'm in Union Station, now, trying to figure out how to restart power and open some doors. ...

ETA - Well, I got the power on and traveled to New Vegas. The interactions with Doc were mostly normal, although most of the conversations took place at the doorway instead of on his couch.

I can come and go from Doc's house, and he talks to me normally.

But ... I can't draw my gun or crouch. surprise I thought maybe Sunny still needed to give me shooting lessons, but that's not an option on her menu. I looked all over the config menu and the game control settings, but I don't see any conflicts or mis-maps. I traveled through doorways. Saved. Reloaded. Quit. Restarted. Nothing works.

Any ideas, or am I going to have to start over?

Thenryb

Here is a thread which talks

Post by Thenryb » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:29 pm

Here is a thread which talks about doing the coc to Goodsprings bit, and pitfalls to avoid. It sounds like you may not have avoided "trigger zones" the first time you did it. As Mario said, it is not recommended but has been done by others without incident.

https://taleoftwowastelands.com/content/teleporting-coc-dc-nv

My computer specs are too embarrassing to reveal, but the game still runs.

Tulius

I am still joining the pieces

Post by Tulius » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:00 pm

I am still joining the pieces to work with the mod.

So, a noob question... we are free to travel both sides with this... as many times as we want? Like in a DLC, like the Point Lookout?

Puppettron
Gary

well, yes.  but the train

Post by Puppettron » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:05 pm

well, yes.  but the train ticket costs 500 caps.

perms:  either a full fireworks display spelling out "Puppettron Made This" anytime a user accesses my content in-game, or just give me credit somewhere.