TTW versions 2.4 and up: Guide to How to Reach the Train Stations

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
TrickyVein

We could just have the

Post by TrickyVein » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:41 am

We could just have the station without the quest, I think is what deadfraggle is suggesting.

thermador

it's also easy to skip the

Post by thermador » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:01 am

it's also easy to skip the quest by using god mode to kill the mutants, tcl to fly up and hit the switches, and then player.setav to jimmy rig the thinger. I have used this many times when testing. :-P

Risewild

TrickyVein wrote:

Post by Risewild » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:05 am

[quote=TrickyVein]

We could just have the station without the quest, I think is what deadfraggle is suggesting.

[/quote]

I can't really tell because I don't see how the station mission will add to the "What's with the added difficulty that restricts travel to higher level players?" I mean isn't it harder to defeat the SM and centaurs in the Station than the ghouls in the basement?

Also if that is the problem then if no one will make the mod, i suggest to just use console commands to disable the blast doors on the station, that way there is no need to go to the basement I think (I am not sure but I don't think that the reactor part messes with the actually train ride).

Edit: was typing while others posted, so my post was outdated. blush

Signature:

Risewild

I had no idea that mod

Post by Risewild » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:54 am

I had no idea that mod existed cheeky.

Signature:

Puppettron
Gary

the console with a 50 science

Post by Puppettron » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:15 pm

the console with a 50 science hack requirement has a password note somewhere.

perms:  either a full fireworks display spelling out "Puppettron Made This" anytime a user accesses my content in-game, or just give me credit somewhere.

Gribbleshnibit8

I specifically designed that

Post by Gribbleshnibit8 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:38 pm

I specifically designed that quest so that it could be done quickly and easily by high level characters (console skill check) or by low level characters who spend some time exploring. Exactly so that no matter what level you want to go, assuming you can kill the enemies, you can get through.

TrickyVein

QFT. 

Post by TrickyVein » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:07 pm

QFT. 

The quote is implied.

Risewild

Link

Post by Risewild » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:48 am

Link

I can only say that I have tested the Station extensively in all the versions that had the station and never had any problem with the primer or start the reactor, only bugs I found was a standing dead Ghoul body and a few door problems.

The restaurant is there for a reason and it has nothing to do with start the reactor, it is for after it started.

I don't know what you and your friend have in common with your games but I would check if there is any mods you two have in common and go from there, seems like for some reason something external is blocking the primer from working somehow.

Please read that link I put there and we might be able to find the problem and the solution for it.

Signature:

TrickyVein

That's a concerning issue,

Post by TrickyVein » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:40 pm

That's a concerning issue, obviously and I'm sorry that you can't seem to do what you need to. It is also the first time in over a year since the station was included in TTW that I'm hearing of an issue like this. 

As Rise says, the Restaurant area serves a purpose as well as being part of the real Union Station.

Like with reporting any bug or issue with TTW, we ask that you provide your load order and installation log as a bare minimum for others here to be able to find a solution to this problem.

Thank-you for doing that. You should have a huge script processing lag just from looking at the size of your load order.

sesom

What I can say for sure it

Post by sesom » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:55 pm

What I can say for sure it isn't a TTW problem. It works like designed here on a unmodded TTW installation. Sadly I am not using many mods except the ones that I make myself. So it's hard for me to pin down which one it could be.

What I can say is that these are a lot and some real heavily scripted mods (like XRE i.e,, but there are more) so it could be script processing lag too.

Best way to debug to reduce the mods to a minimum (maybe even vanilla TTW) make a clean safe and test from there with adding one by one.