[solved]Read only Mods folder of MO2

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
Laclongquan

[solved]Read only Mods folder of MO2

Post by Laclongquan » Mon May 03, 2021 7:17 am

I suspect this is why I can never run TTW. Please tell me some way so I can fix this.

1. Install both F03 and FNV on my windows7 machine. Run both once (beyond tutorial area) to get saves. Install 3.2, 321, 322 as well. The MO2, FNV, and F3 folders are separate ones on same folder Games.
2. Install mods as instructed in the faq's MO2 and TTW sections. (mods are installed onto FNV data folder) No other mods yet since I am afraid it mess with things.
3. Using MO2 to RUN the thing. It show the usual FNV slides (up to the image of courier and a dog over Vegas city) then black screen. I did try to run FNV and F3 and they both run fine.

Checking:
- The MO2 folder is read only and I can never reset it.
- I set the fallout default ini in root folder, and and two fallout ini and pref ini in user/doc/game/fnv/save folder to both non readonly. Also fix the lines to
SCharGenQuest=001FFFF8
bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1
SMainMenuMovieIntro=
SIntroSequence=
sIntroMovie=
wherever they appear on ini.

Also restart computer several times just incase.
Note: Windows7 and there might be updates left I didnt (want to) install.

So specifically:
1. How can I make MO2 folder (which include TTW in mods folder) NOT read only?

2. Any other suggestions as well?
Last edited by Laclongquan on Thu May 06, 2021 5:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

jlf65

Re: Read only Mods folder of MO2

Post by jlf65 » Mon May 03, 2021 12:53 pm

Run MO2 as admin. For the ini files, in MO2 I use per-profile settings, then put all the ini files needed into MO2'sfolder/gamename/profiles/profilename/*.ini.

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Mon May 03, 2021 1:50 pm

I checked again.

The MO2 folder is read-only but the files doesnt get marked as RO.
Specifically, the mods and TTW folders are RO, but the files are not.

I enter property of folder to unset it. But after out, I check and it's RO again.
-----
As for the game TTW.

Dang~ It run the opening slide of FNV up to the image of courier and a dog over Vegas city then black screen. Which I suspect is when it start to F3 portion.

NOW, I uninstall MO2, rerun the 3.2 (and 321, 322)again. Let's see if it's changed.

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Tue May 04, 2021 1:03 pm

Create new instance Clicking Finish. MO2 launch and it report a few error box
SpoilerShow
- fail to initiatlize plugin mo2/plugins/basic_games TypeError no registered converter able to produce c++ rvalue of qstringlist of this python object
- fail to initiatlize plugin plugins/ddspreview.py: traceback (most recent call last) file /plugins/ddspreview.py line5 in <module> from pyqt5.qtcore import qcoreapplication ... import error: dll load fail while importing... parameter is incorrect
- fail to initiatlize plugin plugins/FNISPatches.py: traceback (most recent call last) file /plugins/FNISPatches.py line 19 in <module> from pyqt5.qtcore import qcoreapplication qcritical, qfileinfo ... import error: dll load fail while importing... parameter is incorrect
- fail to initiatlize plugin plugins/FNISTool.py: traceback (most recent call last) file /plugins/FNISTool.py line 19 in <module> from pyqt5.qtcore import qcoreapplication qcritical, qfileinfo ... import error: dll load fail while importing... parameter is incorrect
- fail to initiatlize plugin plugins/FNISToolReset.py: traceback (most recent call last) file /plugins/FNISToolReset.py line 1 in <module> class FNISToolReset(mobase.IpluginTool): Namerror : name mobase is not defined
- fail to initiatlize plugin plugins/Form43Checker.py: traceback (most recent call last) file /plugins/Form43Checker.py line 4 in <module> from pyqt5.qtcore import qcoreapplication import error: dll load fail while importing... qtcore: parameter is incorrect
- fail to initiatlize plugin plugins/installer_wizard: TypeError no registered converter able to produce c++ rvalue of qstringlist of this python object
- fail to initiatlize plugin plugins/Pycfg.py: traceback (most recent call last) file /plugins/Pycfg.py line 7 in <module> from from pyqt5 import qtcore qtgui qtwidgets import error: dll load fail while importing... qtcore parameter is incorrect
- fail to initiatlize plugin plugins/scriptextenderpluginchecker.py: traceback (most recent call last) file /plugins/scriptextenderpluginchecker.py line 7 in <module> from from pyqt5.qtcore import qtcoreapplication qdebug import error: dll load fail while importing... qtcore parameter is incorrect
Register box:
mo2 doesnt set up to handle nxm. associate it with nxm? yes

------------
Anyone know what it is? I think because I dont install python? I know there's no python dll in plugin folder of MO2 and search cant find python in windows dir.

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Wed May 05, 2021 3:06 pm

Aaaaand it runs. I have no idea why. :shock: :o :|

After reinstall MO2 (without reinstall f3/fnv), I set up a new instance of ttw but leaving it alone since I am pretty tired of it all.

I set up a F3 instance, download a bunch of mods and run it for a day. Basic ones, replacing armors and stuffs and bodies. This should still make no difference because I did run FO3 vanilla before (upto Megaton). Then I feel risky and add a mini hideout mod.

THEN I return to TTW and it run...

What? Why? When? Where? How?

I didnt even install python after that bunch of error messages.

So maybe because I run a bit logn and expadn the files it cache thus making the game runable?

So maybe the solution is to run both game, in this particular case Fallout3, a bit longer with mods, so make it , ehm, looser to run?
---
Compared to before I uninstall and reinstall MO2
- All the essential mods are manually installed without running through MO2. I still got a bunch of rar files there but currently the TTW panel has only its mod name there, compared to the last it have all the essential-list mod name there
- I chose the NVSE on the clickable list beside the RUN button. The TTW did still freze like before, but the NVSE run normally (also nothing strange about NVSE 69 because it's still the old file on the last install.
:shrug: