Help with bug when buying Sergeant RL-3

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
Lyndi

Re: Help with bug when buying Sergeant RL-3

Post by Lyndi » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:45 pm

What infinite companions mod are you using? A lot of them will completely break your game.

A load order would also be helpful in troubleshooting your problem.
Produces the programming equivalent of coffee stains.

Kriz24

Post by Kriz24 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:43 pm

diazeriksen07 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:54 pm
Kriz24 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:07 am
Kriz24 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:31 am

Thanks. I replied in the other thread too. I will try to nab the Charisma Bobblehead as fast as I can.
It's no good. I got the Bobblehead and back to Tinker Joe, but still will not sell... I'm suppose to be able to have Infinate Companions with the Companions Mod, but Tinker Joe is a stinker Joe, lol.
It's a limitation of the JIP CCC "Unlimited Companions" Implementation.

It only actually changes the flag which tracks companions, while in dialog with a potential or actual companion. But when you buy RL-3, you're not in dialog with RL-3, you're in dialog with Tinker Joe, who is not a companion. If you fire Dogmeat/ED-E/Rex, then buy RL-3, you can then go re-hire the other critters.

I am not certain but this may also affect Rex initially , but then works. (You're in dialog with The King. If you notice, Rex isn't instantly hired, but he still got a force-greet triggered, which then causes it to work because you're in dialog with Rex, not The King.) It MAY affect Clover, since you buy her from Eulogy, but I almost never get her, not sure. It may affect Charon because of Ahzrukal. I don't know.
Thanks. I will try this and hope it works. Bless you.

Kriz24

Post by Kriz24 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:44 pm

Lyndi wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:45 pm
What infinite companions mod are you using? A lot of them will completely break your game.

A load order would also be helpful in troubleshooting your problem.
I'm using the one that was in the Recommended Mods List on this Site. I'm only using Mods from that. Couldn't get all of them to work, but that's probably due to my inexperience with Mods, lol.

Kriz24

Post by Kriz24 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:12 am

It totes worked. I just sent Dogmeat to Vault 101 and then I was able to buy the Sarge and then do to Vault 101 and ask Dogmeat to follow me. So, I guess when I go to New Vegas for the first time, I'll leave Dogmeat and the Sarge behind at first, then I'll grab up the Companions I want from the Mojave, (Rex, Veronica and ED-E and then back to the Capital for ultimate mayhem, lol. Thank you all for you help. :)