Megaton house Cell reset...

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
UsagiPyon

Re: Megaton house Cell reset...

Post by UsagiPyon » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:11 am

Ditto, hundreds of hours of vanilla/modded loadout and did not meet this rare bug(thankfully) The only instant that I "thought" my items were missing was when I change themes. Then again that was back when with TTW Interiors loaded. My condolences and hope you have multiple saves to fall back on. If that is reproducible on your end you could probably send your save to a dev or something for them to have a look at.

darkkira1332

Post by darkkira1332 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:07 am

Just encountered this today, 2 lockers and the desk in the bedroom got a reset. I always keep a nice stock of gear and other junk to sell for later for ammo and other necessities. But damn this is hurts my morale.

I'm not sure what exactly happened. I have a save from 2 hours before hitting the Robot Repair Center which still has my stuff in it, the closest one I have.

What I can remember doing before hitting the Robot Repair Center was
-Cleared out the National Guard bunker.
-Going to Reilly's Ranger compound, was doing a quest from a mod which does more things to that place.
-Went back to megaton to deposit some more gear; talon armors, MIRV Launcher, some food needed to the vegas AWOP, bunch of scrap metal and electronics.
-Gone to Canterbury to do that Mechanist vs Antagonizer quest.
-Talked to the Mayor, Upgraded the inventory of all 4 of the wandering merchants.
-Talked to the rest of the people in Canterbury.
-then went to the Robot Repair Center.

I checked xEdit and found no other mods connected to it other than TTW itself. I'm gonna try and redo those things after I'm done with my job for today.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:34 pm

Go to the house, go into the console, click on the containers that respawned to get their refs, then go into xEdit and type the ref id into the search box. Check each one to see if the respawn flag is set. If it is, see which plugin is setting it. If not, it's an obscure engine bug.

EDIT: For my own peace of mind, I checked my install. Fallout 3, TTW 3.2.2, and TTW3 Interiors contain no containers in the Megaton house that are flagged as respawn. None. I thought for sure the trashcan in Interiors would be set to respawn, but it's not. So it's either a different mod you run that changes the house, or it's an obscure engine bug. The only way to tell is to check your own install and see if there's a mod that changing the containers to respawn.

darkkira1332

Post by darkkira1332 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:17 am

jlf65 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:34 pm
Go to the house, go into the console, click on the containers that respawned to get their refs, then go into xEdit and type the ref id into the search box. Check each one to see if the respawn flag is set. If it is, see which plugin is setting it. If not, it's an obscure engine bug.

EDIT: For my own peace of mind, I checked my install. Fallout 3, TTW 3.2.2, and TTW3 Interiors contain no containers in the Megaton house that are flagged as respawn. None. I thought for sure the trashcan in Interiors would be set to respawn, but it's not. So it's either a different mod you run that changes the house, or it's an obscure engine bug. The only way to tell is to check your own install and see if there's a mod that changing the containers to respawn.
Already did see
darkkira1332 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:07 am
I checked xEdit and found no other mods connected to it other than TTW itself. I'm gonna try and redo those things after I'm done with my job for today.
Just finished redoing what I did before the bug occured. It really is an obscure engine bug. And yes, I already did check xEdit more 10 times since coming back from my work. No mods editing the containers. I do remember however, that the whole shack might've been reset by itself as one of the .32 rifles (the theme where you have a large picnic table) respawned.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:41 am

Yeah sounds like obscure engine bugs. That cell should never reset. I marked the containers persistent as well as player owned additionally. I know interiors removes some of my changes to them, you may need to update that yourself.

Chuck actually doesn't use the vanilla containers, he moves them outside the walls and links to them.

ethervagabond

Post by ethervagabond » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:43 am

Just wanted to say this also happened to me. I noticed some similarities with a couple other people's instances too; I was about 12 hours in and had just been to Grayditch.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:04 pm

I had it happen to me once now, it was after I purchased a new theme from Moira.

I do not know what triggered this, but I did find the encounter zone was set to the megaton encounter zone (which has respawning). So I have switched the cells encounter zone to the no respawn zone I set up for columbus circle. Unfortunately encounter zones are save baked so it's not possible to release a hotfix for this. All you can do is reload a previous save, as always with these games save often and use stewies tweaks.