Bugs encountered so far

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
RoyBatty

Re: Bugs encountered so far

Post by RoyBatty » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:49 am

Probably, will fix.

ijarx

Post by ijarx » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:42 pm

commandervimes27 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:01 pm
In Old World Blues, any conversation with the sink central intelligence unit causes a ctd. TTW is the only mod I'm using, so I've tried disabling it and the bug stops.
Were you able to come up with a solution? Having the same issue.

jason213

Post by jason213 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:11 am

1. A huge gap between the posters and the wall.
2. There's a couple of misplaced (floating) rocks and 1 small tree, some slighty, others more noticeable, sometimes i just can't get the "perfect" angle to capture it, but it's there.
3. Tree in the lod, under the bridge, misplaced (floating), couldn't get the ref id, so i've included the location via local and world map.
4. Bush misplaced (floating), when clicking displayed several different ref id's, since i didn't know which one was the correct one, i've included the location via local and world map.
5. In one picture on the ground there's 2 different textures, i know this sometimes happens and there's probably nothing to be done, but this one felt wrong so i thought of bringing this up (i've included the location via local and world map).
6. There's a couple of rock meshes that you can see through it.
7. In the last screenshot shouldn't the Antivenom WG display "--" instead of "0.00" just like all the the other weightless items ?
SpoilerShow

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:34 am

The OWB crash is caused by NVSR. Turn off the critical section handling. OWB Sink and Dialogue is not altered in any way by TTW.

Thank you for all the pics! For bushes you have to stand right over top of them and point down to get the refid.

Not sure what to do about the floating tree LOD, could be a bug in LODGen.

Decker

Post by Decker » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:06 pm

Just noticed a minor bug, the 'Shellshocked Combat Armor' has an effect Big Guns +5. This propably should be Guns +5 instead, because by default TTW 3.2 does not have the Big Guns skill?

ijarx

Post by ijarx » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:15 pm

RoyBatty wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:34 am
The OWB crash is caused by NVSR. Turn off the critical section handling. OWB Sink and Dialogue is not altered in any way by TTW.
Not using NVSR, unless its part of vanilla TTW install; even still, I didn't see any NVSR config/ini files when I went digging. I found some threads on nexus from a while back discussing the exact same issue that narrowed it down to a conflict with a fallout3 service/dialogue tree and the SCIU services, I'm not smart enough with FNVedit yet to tinker with it (-successfully, my tinkering thus far has been futile).

zilav

Post by zilav » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:38 pm

Floating LOD tree is due to reduced resolution of LOD terrain. LOD objects are always placed at the exact spot as full models, however terrain LOD is only an approximation of the real terrain shape and doesn't exactly match it. Somewhere less not causing any visual issues, somewhere more causing floating LOD objects (all Beth games have this issue, much more prominent in Oblivion since terrain LOD has even less resolution there than in later games).

The only solution is to regen terrain LOD with xLODGen using max quality settings.

FiftyTifty

Post by FiftyTifty » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:25 pm

zilav wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:38 pm
Floating LOD tree is due to reduced resolution of LOD terrain. LOD objects are always placed at the exact spot as full models, however terrain LOD is only an approximation of the real terrain shape and doesn't exactly match it. Somewhere less not causing any visual issues, somewhere more causing floating LOD objects (all Beth games have this issue, much more prominent in Oblivion since terrain LOD has even less resolution there than in later games).

The only solution is to regen terrain LOD with xLODGen using max quality settings.
Unfortunately, FNVLODGen doesn't support terrain LOD creation. From it's description page: "Those files are rarely updated since mods almost never change terrain shape or changes are minimal and would be hardly noticable when far away. Terrain LOD files are generated by GECK, FNVLODGen doesn't create them."

Is that changed in more recent LODGen builds?

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:06 pm

Sheson has created landscape lodgen, however it's not working correctly for FNV yet from my testing, it picks the wrong texture for distant LOD. This is some discrepancy in the engine, or internal default objects.

I've never had a crash with the SINK , but I can look into this issue.

magicman525

Post by magicman525 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:40 am

Hi I have experienced a bug as well and I have no mods active.
The kamakazi trait gives me +2 dt instead of -2 dt. I know it isn't really that big of bug but I wanted to let you know.