Exp Reduced Without Reduction Option

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
charman

Exp Reduced Without Reduction Option

Post by charman » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:35 am

I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm not getting the vanilla amount of experience points that I should. I am not using the XP Reduction option, and I'm not using any mods that modify XP gain.

I went through FNVEdit and looked at the values of exp given. For example, iXPRewardPickLockVeryEasy has a data value of 20. This should reward 20 experience points for a successful lockpick. Instead, I just get 1 experience point. iXPRewardHackComputerVeryHard has a value of 60, yet I only get 20 experience points. It's the same for lockpicking, hacking, discovering locations, and successful speech checks. Using FNVEdit, there were no conflicts and no overwrites.

I created my own experience mod with the default values for experience reward, placed it at the very bottom of my load order, and loaded up the game. But the values were still reduced.

Anyone have any ideas what might be overwriting these values?

RoyBatty

Re: Exp Reduced Without Reduction Option

Post by RoyBatty » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:16 am

Project Nevada?

charman

Post by charman » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:39 pm

I’m not using project Nevada, however, I am using the Jsawyer mod. Could that be the culprit? Other than that, I’m not using any rebalancing mods. I’ll test it later and come back with results.

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:28 am

Yes, absolutely.

charman

Post by charman » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:21 pm

I poked around forever in the jsawyer ultimate.esp. Eventually I just opened it in notepad++ and stumbled upon a script that was telling the game what the experience values were worth. I changed them back to vanilla, but that wasn’t working for everything. Only changed the hacking and lock picking experience, killing, discovering map locations, and disarming mines were still the lowered amounts. Disabled the mod and they’re back to normal.

I apologize for posting this in the wrong place. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Roy.

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:29 am

Yeah you can't edit mods in notepad++, you have to use GECK to edit scripts and recompile them.