The Union Station

General discussion of potential spoilers. Ask questions about or discuss storyline here.
alaalba123

The Union Station

Post by alaalba123 » Sun May 31, 2015 3:18 am

So, I've completed the Union station quest, but can't seem to get to get to New Vegas. I figured it would be through the Blast Door that activates the quest in the first place, but when I go to it at the time on the schedule board it's just inactive. I can't interact with it at all. Am I messing up? Is this a glitch? Could someone point me in the right direction?

[collapsed title=Load Order]

FalloutNV.esm

DeadMoney.esm

HonestHearts.esm

OldWorldBlues.esm

LonesomeRoad.esm

GunRunnersArsenal.esm

CaravanPack.esm

ClassicPack.esm

MercenaryPack.esm

TribalPack.esm

Fallout3.esm

Anchorage.esm

ThePitt.esm

BrokenSteel.esm

PointLookout.esm

Zeta.esm

TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm

RHKBrisaAlmodovar.esm

NVWillow.esp

SomeguySeries.esm

TTWOptions.esp

TTW_OutcastTrading.esp

TTW_NoKarmaDCFollowers.esp

The Mod Configuration Menu.esp

JIP Companions Command & Control.esp

RHKSeatActivationFix.esp

TTW_Companions_Essential.esp

SunnyCompanion.esp

Bella.esp

PataClawAlphaMalev1.esp

NV_PitbullCompanions.esp

desmond companion.esp

RWKNV.esp

Badmothafucka.esp

TheInheritance.esp

Russell.esp

NewVegasBountiesII.esp

NewVegasBounties.esp

PerkEveryLevel.esp

Total active plugins: 39

Total plugins: 39

[/collapsed] 

Puppettron
Gary

upon closing distance with

Post by Puppettron » Sun May 31, 2015 6:56 am

upon closing distance with the blast doors, you should've gotten a quest to power on the station.

perms:  either a full fireworks display spelling out "Puppettron Made This" anytime a user accesses my content in-game, or just give me credit somewhere.

Gribbleshnibit8

FYI, the time on the board

Post by Gribbleshnibit8 » Sun May 31, 2015 4:05 pm

FYI, the time on the board means nothing in game (to my knowledge, we should have done something with them D: ), the times were selected randomly to appear as a train schedule, anything else is something only Tricky knows about and hasn't shared.

After completing the quest, I forget exactly how it works, but I'm pretty sure the blast doors open on their own once you go back into the station proper. If they're not/haven't, then I'm not sure what's going on. Screenshots of the quest log in your PipBoy (for the Union Station quest obviously) might be useful.

Puppettron
Gary

the doors pop open after you

Post by Puppettron » Sun May 31, 2015 4:25 pm

the doors pop open after you complete the "stare in awe at the animated time board that tricky put together" part of the quest

perms:  either a full fireworks display spelling out "Puppettron Made This" anytime a user accesses my content in-game, or just give me credit somewhere.

alaalba123

Mariofan17 wrote:

Post by alaalba123 » Sun May 31, 2015 8:39 pm

[quote=Mariofan17]

Look at the local map.It'll show you the door you need to enter.

[/quote]

This solved it. The blast door isn't the correct door.

TrickyVein

Since there are...eleven

Post by TrickyVein » Sun May 31, 2015 9:06 pm

Since there are...eleven (really? 11) potential doorways connecting the interior of the station with the metro someone must have taken the liberty to make some of the doors inactive, i.e. static. Surely, whoever it was would've thought to have added wooden planks across these doors or at least rested some rubble at the bottom of them to show that they weren't real exits.

paragonskeep

TrickyVein wrote:

Post by paragonskeep » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:33 pm

[quote=TrickyVein]

Since there are...eleven (really? 11) potential doorways connecting the interior of the station with the metro someone must have taken the liberty to make some of the doors inactive, i.e. static. Surely, whoever it was would've thought to have added wooden planks across these doors or at least rested some rubble at the bottom of them to show that they weren't real exits.

[/quote]

"Sarcasm?" - Sheldon Cooper

If life is but a test, where's the damn answer key?!?!?