Wild Wasteland Find

General discussion of potential spoilers. Ask questions about or discuss storyline here.
Risewild

Mariofan17 wrote:

Post by Risewild » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:35 am

[quote=Mariofan17]

rbroab wrote:

I could be mistaken...but I thought you could get the Alien Blaster and the unique gauss Rifle in New Vegas alone. Start the game without the Wild Wasteland trait. Collect the unique Gauss Rifle, start the Old World Blues DLC, and use the autodoc to change your trait to Wild Wasteland, go back and collect the Alien Blaster.

Nope. Wild Wasteland appearances only occur once. If you got the blaster from the alien site and switch the trait out for something else,you cant get it because you allready triggered it.

[/quote]

Mariofan17 is spot on right. laugh

Signature:

RoyBatty

You can get both via AWOP,

Post by RoyBatty » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:57 am

You can get both via AWOP, get the alien blaster via WW, then get the YCS from the weapon terminal in Xander Bay.

Kiwi and Storm

I had the WW notification

Post by Kiwi and Storm » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:54 pm

I had the WW notification appear in the Museum of Technology but I wasn't able to see anything in the immediate area that would trigger it

JaxFirehart

Did music start playing? A

Post by JaxFirehart » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:35 pm

Did music start playing? A heavy drum track?

Kiwi and Storm

None that I could hear. May

Post by Kiwi and Storm » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:38 pm

None that I could hear. May have been listening to music at the time though. 

Arkngt

OK, now I understand why I've

Post by Arkngt » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:55 pm

OK, now I understand why I've never seen the "sculpture" in the opening post: the very first thing that happens when my char enters the cell is that it falls apart, so I've actually never seen it standing I guess.

»You're no match for science!« Doctor Mobius

kraag

That sounds like it has

Post by kraag » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:35 am

That sounds like it has something to do with havok processing the surrounding clutter, have you modified any havok settings in your ini files? if so, try messing around with other recommended settings for them. Try changing your threading settings as well. Another outside bet is iPresentInterval=1 being set to 0, I've had some strange engine behaviour playing with that setting.

Arkngt

No, I have default settings

Post by Arkngt » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:50 am

No, I have default settings on havok and iPresentInterval=1. The threading settings are the recommended ones for multicore processors. It happens:

If entering normally with Dogmeat.

If entering normally w/o him.

If entering crouching w/o him.

My guess is that it's normal for it to fall apart, but that Wild Wasteland have it initially disabled until the script has checked that you have the perk - then you get the sound and it spawns and it's unaffected by the initial havoking when entering. Just a guess, though, as I'm not using Wild Wasteland so haven't checked with it.

»You're no match for science!« Doctor Mobius

jlf65

RoyBatty wrote:You can get

Post by jlf65 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:52 pm

[quote=RoyBatty]You can get both via AWOP, get the alien blaster via WW, then get the YCS from the weapon terminal in Xander Bay.

[/quote]

I didn't see a rule on thread necromancy, but I'm giving helpful info, so I figured I could get away with it this once.

You can get the alien blaster and the gauss gun using a mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/60133/?

That adds the gauss gun to the camp by the aliens if you chose Wild Wasteland. That makes it compatible with almost any mod, like FOOK and PN. I use this mod since I always pick WW for one of my traits.

Deathclaw_Mayor16

jlf65 wrote:

Post by Deathclaw_Mayor16 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:28 pm

[quote=jlf65]

RoyBatty wrote:

You can get both via AWOP, get the alien blaster via WW, then get the YCS from the weapon terminal in Xander Bay.

I didn't see a rule on thread necromancy, but I'm giving helpful info, so I figured I could get away with it this once.

You can get the alien blaster and the gauss gun using a mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/60133/?

That adds the gauss gun to the camp by the aliens if you chose Wild Wasteland. That makes it compatible with almost any mod, like FOOK and PN. I use this mod since I always pick WW for one of my traits.

[/quote]

If your using TTW,that mod isnt needed since you can get both weapons.The blaster via Mothership Zeta and the Guass Rifle from not picking WW. If your just doing plain New Vegas,then yeah.The mod is useful.