Why does the Legion hate me?

General discussion of potential spoilers. Ask questions about or discuss storyline here.
Arkngt

Why does the Legion hate me?

Post by Arkngt » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:53 am

I'm doing the Render unto Caesar questline in FNV. My char has killed Mr House and gotten the support from the Boomers, but when returning to the Fort or Cottonwood Cove, everyone attacks her on sight. She's wearing a neutral outfit so that doesn't seem to be it and the destinations say Neutral when checking them on the world map. Anyone who knows why this happens? Is it because she's idolized by the Boomers and liked by the NCRs? 

»You're no match for science!« Doctor Mobius

Puppettron
Gary

put on a legion disguise.

Post by Puppettron » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:58 am

put on a legion disguise.

perms:  either a full fireworks display spelling out "Puppettron Made This" anytime a user accesses my content in-game, or just give me credit somewhere.

Arkngt

OK, I'll try that if I can

Post by Arkngt » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:07 am

OK, I'll try that if I can find one. But still - why does it happen? The quest update says that I should return there. The locations say neutral. I don't think I've done anything to make them hostile (well, apparently something but no idea what).

Puppettron
Gary

dunno, i'm guessing you're in

Post by Puppettron » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:08 am

dunno, i'm guessing you're in an enemy of legion faction for some reason.

perms:  either a full fireworks display spelling out "Puppettron Made This" anytime a user accesses my content in-game, or just give me credit somewhere.

Arkngt

Nope, I don't have Boone as a

Post by Arkngt » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:18 am

Nope, I don't have Boone as a companion. I'll check the failed quests tomorrow, but I can't remember any note about Legion hostility - and shouldn't the locations say vilified or something if so?

tact

Do you use any of the someguy

Post by tact » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:27 am

Do you use any of the someguy series mods? Particularly the Russell companion, because he's set as hostile to the legion a lot like boone.

Puppettron
Gary

OP never said he had a

Post by Puppettron » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:31 am

OP never said he had a companion with him.

tact

Oh I'm aware, I didn't know

Post by tact » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:44 am

Oh I'm aware, I didn't know what else could cause that so I just threw that in. 

Arkngt

I only have Dogmeat as a

Post by Arkngt » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:27 am

I only have Dogmeat as a companion, but I even tried leaving him behind before traveling there in case he caused it somehow, and that didn't help.

EDIT: It seems to be connected to my chars standing with NCR. If I load a save from before she was liked by them, the Legion locations are marked Liked and I can travel there w/o being attacked. Guess I'll reload from that save and redo thing in another order. It's a bit annoying as I didn't get any warnings about it - and I have done quite a lot after that save.

EDIT 2: After returning to Caesar, it seems to have been that my char defused the bomb in I Put A Spell On you - combined with the standing with NCR. He was very miffed about the bomb disposal but forgave that. I might even continue from the save from where they hate me as that suits my char better as she definitely likes NCR more than the crucifying Legion bunch.

TJ

Instead of losing save

Post by TJ » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:28 pm

Instead of losing save progress you could use a legion disguise (suggested before, I know, but it bears repeating?)

My project Dash is on Kickstarter!