Funny arrival in NV.

General discussion of potential spoilers. Ask questions about or discuss storyline here.
KennyMcCormick

Dogmeat and RL3 got along

Post by KennyMcCormick » Tue May 28, 2013 7:30 am

Dogmeat and RL3 got along just fine in FO3...

Patrollin' the Capitol Wasteland makes me wish for a nuclear winter...

Risewild

KennyMcCormick wrote:

Post by Risewild » Tue May 28, 2013 8:38 am

[quote=KennyMcCormick]

Dogmeat and RL3 got along just fine in FO3...

[/quote]

(Un)Fortunately the companions system is different in FNV than it was in FO3. In FNV the game only allows the player to have one human and one nonhuman companion at the same time, since TTW is making FO3 play as an expansion/addon of FNV the companion system can't be changed cheeky it would go against what TTW is supposed to be laugh.

That's why people make mods, and there are mods out there to allow the player to control more companions in FNV, I assume that someone wouldn't mind trying to make or convert one that would work for TTW FO3 companions, I would do it but I really don't know how cheeky.

Signature:

Sandloon

Unlimited Companions (mod

Post by Sandloon » Wed May 29, 2013 9:11 am

Unlimited Companions (mod name) is completely compatitble with TTW, although if you run it and get more than one companion, i would suggest getting MaxFollowers-12 (somewhere along those lines) as having 4 companions and only being able to have 2 NPCs follow you is lame.
"If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it"

KennyMcCormick

Risewild wrote:it would go

Post by KennyMcCormick » Wed May 29, 2013 11:44 am

[quote=Risewild]it would go against what TTW is supposed to be .[/quote]

I was under the impression that TTW was supposed to let us enjoy both games in one engine.[quote]

That's why people make mods, and there are mods out there to allow the player to control more companions in FNV, I assume that someone wouldn't mind trying to make or convert one that would work for TTW FO3 companions, I would do it but I really don't know how .

[/quote]

Yeah, I even run the best of the lot. But it won't fix this inconsistency either. I can have an entire army of bots and humanoids following me, but ED-E makes it impossible for canids to join up.

Patrollin' the Capitol Wasteland makes me wish for a nuclear winter...

dawe1313

the mod Recruit All

Post by dawe1313 » Wed May 29, 2013 3:01 pm

the mod [url=http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/37687/?]Recruit All Companions and Radios[/url] allows you to have both ED-E and Rex in your party at the same time, along with all the other vanilla companions.

i haven't tried it yet with vanilla FO3 companions yet, but it did seem to work fine with a couple of custom companions i tried in FNV.

Jakeasaurouz

http://www.nexusmods.com

Post by Jakeasaurouz » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:24 pm

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/50468/?

Automatically compatible with TTW. Says so in the description

RoyBatty

Necro? :)

Post by RoyBatty » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:16 pm

Necro? :)