is tale of two wastelands compadable with CAGE (continue after game end) mod?

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
unfortunateson

is tale of two wastelands compadable with CAGE (continue after game end) mod?

Post by unfortunateson » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:43 pm

i got cage a while ago to play after new vegas and i dont know if ttw will work with it does anyone know?
hey there I like fallout
that's it really

Risewild

Re: is tale of two wastelands compadable with CAGE (continue after game end) mod?

Post by Risewild » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:06 pm

Don't use CAGE, use FPGE instead.
Signature:

Laclongquan

Re: is tale of two wastelands compadable with CAGE (continue after game end) mod?

Post by Laclongquan » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:20 pm

Okay, FGPE is nice and all with extensive changes...

But assuming that I dont use FGPE for whatever reason, does CAGE work? Or Continue after ending MohamedZaghouani? or Mc Lion?

So that I can get on the train to get back East, and occassionally return to Vegas, I mean.
SpoilerShow
The reason I dont want FGPE because I still want to hunt Legionary Assassins, and Fiends occassionally. I dont know if FGPE would lead to reduce (or non existent) number of them.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:12 am

Laclongquan wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:20 pm
Okay, FGPE is nice and all with extensive changes...

But assuming that I dont use FGPE for whatever reason, does CAGE work? Or Continue after ending MohamedZaghouani? or Mc Lion?

So that I can get on the train to get back East, and occassionally return to Vegas, I mean.
SpoilerShow
The reason I dont want FGPE because I still want to hunt Legionary Assassins, and Fiends occassionally. I dont know if FGPE would lead to reduce (or non existent) number of them.
CAGE and CAE are in our incompatible list for a reason... The reason is that they're incompatible. :lol:
FPGE is only compatible with TTW because it has a specific version made for TTW. 8-)

EDIT: A Lite version of FPGE is on the works. Which means that once it's released, it will allow to continue after the end without all the other FPGE's additions.
Signature:

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:03 am

Risewild wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:12 am

CAGE and CAE are in our incompatible list for a reason... The reason is that they're incompatible. :lol:
FPGE is only compatible with TTW because it has a specific version made for TTW. 8-)

EDIT: A Lite version of FPGE is on the works. Which means that once it's released, it will allow to continue after the end without all the other FPGE's additions.
Can I ask where is that TTW version? I check the patch mod and the proper mod but it doesnt say anything about TTW specific.

The two other endings mod are wellknown, but there's the Continue after ending by MohamedZaghouani. Did anyone here ever test with that mod?

Post-Dam ending mod also sound good. It seem to push ending slide to happen when you go to a specific location to end the game for good. Meaning you can end Hoover Dam, go around doing stuffs until you are tired and go to end of the road. Seem like what I need. Will report after testing. it say something about recompile all scripts. Sound bad. NEXT!!!

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:25 am

FPGE's TTW version is included with the main download.
If you "preview file contents" in it's nexus download page, you should be able to see it.

No "continue after the game ending" mod for FNV works with TTW because it needs to be specifically made for TTW (and as far I know, only FPGE's TTW version was made for TTW).
TTW is a total conversion project, and certain type of mods need to be specifically made (or patched) for it. FNV versions of those mods won't work properly because TTW is not FNV anymore, it has hundreds of thousands things that are different/edited/added/fixed from normal FNV (and that's not counting the FO3 side of TTW).
Signature:

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:53 am

Okay, I will keep THAT in my mind once unexplainable bugs keep appearing after this.

-----Meanwhile------
The Continue after ending by MohamedZaghouani, who is banned and no longer support that mod on Nexus, is being tested by me
+++ Reason I chose this mod because no one here say specifically it wont work on TTW 322. So let's test.
+++ Reason I dont want to use FPGE (even if a TTW compat mod) because i dont want to lose the ability to hunt legionary assassin and Fiends on Vegas if I ever return.

First moments' impression, the which I dont run around much so dont know if there's more bugs.

+++ After ending slide We reappear at the Boulder City stone obelisk with a Scuritron Mk2 remind me to come to Lux38, a remnant of Wild Card quest I am sure. I disable it.

+++ There's also Orion Moreno and Doctor henry followed me who cant be disable or use companion dismissal panel on Gun Runner to rid of them. I travel to the Lodge to use command word: kill on Henry, and to Moreno's house to treat him the same. If I ever remember them and want to change my mind I will know where to get them.

+++ EDE and Veronica still follow me, so I dismiss them by dialog to Lux 38.

Then I drop all inventory in The sink before taking a train to DC. Rewardxp -3000000 then player.setlevel 1 to ...

I willl invent a story reason for that later.