Favoured playstyle?

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
paul1222

Favoured playstyle?

Post by paul1222 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:52 pm

I use a few mods that allow me to do things, but I prefer a PA Sniper/Ranger, with a mod given Hunting Rifle with a Silencer. Which has all the normal Hunting Rifle Mods, as it's treated as a permanent texture, not a Weapon Mod. As well as the Signature Weapon (overpowered.) and Armour mods. When almost fully upgraded with the Signature Weapon mod and some Perks, it's OP as hell. 200+ dam. Only real problem is the AP cost of it. By that point, there's no point in using any other weapon. All you need is the ammo, using .308 AP Bullets. Signature Weapons also gives me a penetrating effect.
I am the Blade in the Darkness, righting wrongs in the Wasteland. I am the Lone Wanderer and my name is Paul.

Laclongquan

Re: Favoured playstyle?

Post by Laclongquan » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:47 am

The problem of using sniper rifles is fights in close range. You will find if one or two tough melee fighters get to close range, say reavers or Overlords, heck, even pack of mirelurk hunters... they will make your long barrels harder to hit. hell, the close quarter of rooms would be enough to make your SR near useless.

SR is okay so far but antimateriel rifle is the classic example of that. At certain range, I drop that faster than a red hot iron and change to other shorter, quicker weapons.

Another is the heavy armored Army robot. Your AP ammo doesnt help that much unless you are kiting... and even then their missiles are nothing to sneeze at. With that, you usually better to sneak up close and pump 30 (or 100) round of 5mm AP onto their head. It need to be very quick or you are eating missiles. LMG is actually better at close-medium range against armored robots.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:04 am

I flip between a sniper rifle/anti-materiel rifle and the riot shotgun. If I haven't gotten a riot shotgun yet, then the combat shotgun. Nothing like a shotgun for close quarters combat. :twisted:

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:13 am

I mainly punch things. Sometimes I can hit them with some melee weapons too and rarely I mow them down with a LMG...

I have been playing unarmed and/or melee characters since Fallout 1, when I got bored of always playing long range characters. Never looked back. :?
Signature:

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:34 pm

The problem i have with unarmed melee is the play style is simplified. You dont have to worry abiut guns. Which make game less fun for me.

The prob about energy weapons is ash piles. I dont like ash.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:06 am

Laclongquan wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:34 pm
The prob about energy weapons is ash piles. I dont like ash.
There are mods on the nexus to get rid of ash and goo piles. You should try one and see how it works with TTW. It's at least a place to start.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:19 pm

Confirmed Risewild is really Brick (Sax Solo intensifies).

I usually run a commando type character.

Colonel_Campbell007

Post by Colonel_Campbell007 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:42 am

I always play a sneaky merc, who's a fast-talking, good natured sniper with brittle bones. :)

In terms of dialogue/choices I (generally) take the 'good guy' route in most quests, although I use the neutral/merc dialogue options whenever possible. I always take the 'evil' path in the Pitt, though.

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:30 am

My style in fnv is repairman. Invest in repair, survival, science until they are sufficient before invest on combat skills.

Equipment is pure non-power armor. Hell, even medium is a no. So that even in high level and full chem up, iam still a paper mache figure, easy to get killed if not careful.

That make fighting hard and expensive affair, which is the point.

Also make me a hoarder.

Colonel_Campbell007

Post by Colonel_Campbell007 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:23 pm

Laclongquan wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:30 am
...Also make me a hoarder.
Same for me. I gotta have two of every weap and armor in safehouse plus one of each weapon type in my pipboy.