Mesmetron and Slavery

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
leeroy

Mesmetron and Slavery

Post by leeroy » Mon May 31, 2021 10:42 am

Besides a few playthrus, I have never been too crazy about the mesmetron slavery system in fallout 3, and I never bothered with it in TTW. I'm planning on giving it a go this playthru, and I was wondering how it has been updated to work here. I know how the mesmetron works(if shot at NPC in faction that can be tazed, they go into the passive mode and then you can collar them), I was wondering if it has been overhauled any currently or if there are plans to do so. If not, I was wondering if any additional NPCs have been added to the mezz list, I know some NPCs in base new vegas have been, even tho the mesmetron doesn't appear in the game, so I guess I was wondering if it's possible to enslave people in the mojave at all
I couldn't find any plugins that specifically cater to enslaving NPCs for paradise falls, but if there are any I have missed, please link them.

Risewild

Re: Mesmetron and Slavery

Post by Risewild » Mon May 31, 2021 11:50 am

If I remember correctly, Roy once told me that it's not possible. Because FNV has some NPCs on the right faction for the Mesmetron, but they don't have the dialogue for it. :?
Signature:

leeroy

Re: Mesmetron and Slavery

Post by leeroy » Mon May 31, 2021 11:59 am

IIRC you could technically enslave some NPCs in the pitt and even point lookout, for some reason. In that case, the game gives you a generic, identical dialogue prompt, but there is no voicelines, obviously. Everything else works fine, altho I doubt the slaves ever make it to their destination from DLC areas, due to pathing issues. I assume it would be the same case for the mojave
That's why I was wondering if there was a major rework in place, this was not ideal system even in base game of F3, but with TTW it's almost entirely trivial, outside of that one quest and a few neat exploits.