Favorite Mods to use with TTW (What kind of Vault Dweller are you)

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
wasdwasd12

Favorite Mods to use with TTW (What kind of Vault Dweller are you)

Post by wasdwasd12 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:27 am

hello Guys now i know i kinda got a bad Rep here but not banned on the fourms Yet....I know the recommended mods to use with TTW hasnt been updated in a mintue

But i been thinking looking over my list of mods it really makes me think.....What kind of Game does everyone here like to run...Are you a TTW Purist, like most on here that means a few mods to make some small changes but your cool with the vanilla game as it is.

Are you a Explorer Type ...Like installed mods with more to explore, like A World of Pain.

Are you Quality of Life kinda person, You know mods like the sims...i know the thing to find your Dad and or find the Chip and get Revenge on Benny, but what do you do in your down time in a post apocalyptic World. Mods well More Companions more ways to cook and more radio mods and mods to own more player homes. More Quest Mods.

or are you like me it like 50 more Weapons, Armor, Perks or bust lolz.

Guys im banned on the discord and i know a lot of you are like dude we not gonna do mod conversions for you learn it yourself and i slowly have been trying. Im a bit nervous to mess with the game when i gotten so mayn hours into it. But Please if you have some time come on down and talk a little bit.

This is Truly a great mod and I just want you all to share a little of it with me.

Colonel_Campbell007

Re: Favorite Mods to use with TTW (What kind of Vault Dweller are you)

Post by Colonel_Campbell007 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:11 am

Bit of Necro, but I think this could be an interesting topic as I don't know anyone here and I'm sorta new( had an account with a few posts before but my name says it all )

Personally, I don't do runs with 100+ mods. I don't use any of the major overhauls like Interiors, AWoP, etc.

I have maybe 25 mods installed, including xNVSE, enhanced camera, etc. Only about 15 of them are esm/esp. Most of them are from the forums here plus a few from the Nexus and a couple I made for myself/family/friends. My personal must haves are: Solid Project, Brisa and CommentTTW(disables annoying npc dialogue regarding knocking stuff over, looking at locked containers) - this one is epic. Seriously, I forget who made this but thank you!

I'm also using some of Roy's mods/conversions like FOVSlider, XP reduction, Museum, etc.

Honorable mentions:
Epoxy and Repair kits - awesome idea, and has worked great for me for quite some time but reading the last comments on the thread I'm interested to see what will happen when I get to Point Lookout. Didn't go there my last run. EDIT: btw, I ran my tiny load order through xedit before starting my current run and I *think* this mod had dirty edits to Point Lookout.

TiesThatBind - Never completed this one on FO3 as not to long after I tried it I switched to TTW and never looked back. Interested in seeing how the story plays out. Still need to manually fix up her face in the GECK though, lol. It's much better now but not quite there...

Mods I may try on my current run:
Someguy series - sounds interesting.
Honest Hearts Reborn(?) - supposedly its dirty and needs a good bath. If anyone has tried this one I'd be interested in a mini review. :)

pintocat

Post by pintocat » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:52 am

ForgotMyPassword wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:11 am
CommentTTW(disables annoying npc dialogue regarding knocking stuff over, looking at locked containers) - this one is epic. Seriously, I forget who made this but thank you!
Epoxy and Repair kits - awesome idea, and has worked great for me for quite some time but reading the last comments on the thread I'm interested to see what will happen when I get to Point Lookout. Didn't go there my last run. EDIT: btw, I ran my tiny load order through xedit before starting my current run and I *think* this mod had dirty edits to Point Lookout.
Honest Hearts Reborn(?) - supposedly its dirty and needs a good bath. If anyone has tried this one I'd be interested in a mini review. :)
Jokerine did the disable comment thing

Epoxy and Repair kits is buggy in the current version. I want to fix it but it's on a back burner at the moment. It actually has a bigger problem than PL. Not crash type, but repair wrong item type.

HH Reborn has a lot more problems than just thousands of dirty records. I tried it, started looking into fixing it, and I gave up. Unless someone who really loves it takes it upon themselves as a serious labor or love to do it right, I wouldn't suggest using it.

Zion Trail, on the other hand, was pretty fun and safe. There's a patch mod on nexus for it I think. It didn't have breaking bugs like HH Reborn, but someone has still been improving the landscape and stuff.

Colonel_Campbell007

Post by Colonel_Campbell007 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:46 am

pintocat wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:52 am
Jokerine did the disable comment thing
Jokerine, you are my idol! This helps immersion soooo much!
pintocat wrote:
Epoxy and Repair kits is buggy in the current version. I want to fix it but it's on a back burner at the moment. It actually has a bigger problem than PL. Not crash type, but repair wrong item type.
Ah I see, well I plan to keep using it anyway. I'll just make a save before each use and tread carefully, haha.
pintocat wrote:
HH Reborn has a lot more problems than just thousands of dirty records. I tried it, started looking into fixing it, and I gave up. Unless someone who really loves it takes it upon themselves as a serious labor or love to do it right, I wouldn't suggest using it.

Zion Trail, on the other hand, was pretty fun and safe. There's a patch mod on nexus for it I think. It didn't have breaking bugs like HH Reborn, but someone has still been improving the landscape and stuff.
It's a shame because it sounds very interesting. I wasn't sure about some of the changes I read about in regards to Graham himself, but the additional characters and story elements sounded promising.

I'll have to look into Zion Trail later tonight. I like HH but it's always felt a bit shallow compared to the rest of the NV dlc, imo. I'm still lvl 3 in DC so it'll be awhile before I get to the Mojave.

Edit: So I looked up Zion Trail. According to the description it's supposed to show the courier's journey from the Mojave to Zion but must be started *after* you've completed HH to avoid glitching the HH's quest scripts? That cracked me up, haha. Also, in the comments people are saying one of the quests glitches your save by disabling the 'wait time' function permanently.

Needing to beat HH before hand is fine, but that save glitch is a deal breaker. It's a kool idea for a mod, but I think I'm gonna pass.

Edit: After diging through the comments more it seems the bug I mentioned above only occurs in the latest version and wasn't in the older version(s). I might go ahead a grab an old version an try it out some day.