POwer armor

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
SirDanest

POwer armor

Post by SirDanest » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:43 am

People with more play experience in ttw than myself:
As I understand it, ttw does not require power armor training as mandatory for power armor use. Does the lack of power armor training in its old f3 form mean that people all go from leather or metal armor to enclave power armor, skipping everything inbetween like combat armor? Does combat armor and all the other medium armors still get any use?

Risewild

Re: POwer armor

Post by Risewild » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:05 am

You still need Power Armor training in TTW. :)
Signature:

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:06 am

TTW still has power armor training. You can use a mod to remove it (what I do), or run straight to Operation Anchorage and get power armor training (what many people do). Then you just follow an Outcast BoS patrol around until you get one killed and loot the body for armor... or go to Canterbury Commons - there's always an Enclave soldier in power armor along the roads just outside the town.

Bottletopman

Post by Bottletopman » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:58 am

What is up with that Enclave soldier anyway? I encountered him before I even activated the purifier. I haven't even found dad yet.

Stewie Tweaks has an option to allow power armour use without the perk, having the perk just makes it weightless when equipped which I find is a very nice compromise.
tp for my bunghole?

SirDanest

Post by SirDanest » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:04 am

You don't NEED power armor training in ttw, it just adds some extra bonuses. Anyone can wear it and use its armor values without training.

So, my original question - since anyone can use power armor without training, are the intermediate armors skipped? Do you still use combat armor, when enclave power armor is available without training? I would imagine most people skip the intermediate armors and wear enclave as soon as one drops.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:36 am

You (the character controlled by the player) need Power Armor Training in TTW to be able to equip Power Armor. If your game doesn't require the perk, then you're probably playing with the Sawyer Batty mod or a different mod that adds that, like "JSawyer Mod", "JSawyer Ultimate" (or any of the tons of mods that remove the need to have that perk). Those mods makes it so you don't need the Power Armor Training perk to equip it anymore, while the perk gives some bonuses instead. ;)
Signature:

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:26 pm

And yes, I do tend to skip the metal or combat armor and go straight from the armored vault suit to power armor. Usually Outcast PA or Enclave PA. Given you can use power armor in FO4 within minutes of starting the game, I don't see a problem. I tend to stomp around in FO4 in PA almost 100% of the time. It's a bit close on fusion cores at the start of the game, but by the time I hit about level ten, I tend to be swimming in cores. I also tend to have almost a dozen armors by that time, too. :lol:

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:01 am

I only use armors that have "bare chest". How else can my character be a wasteland barbarian? So I usually just have my guy walking around wearing sucky raider armor or something like that. :?
Signature:

Lyndi

Post by Lyndi » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:44 am

Hehe. I usually ignore PA and pretend it doesn't exist. I always thought it made the game too dang easy. I work my way up to combat armor and stick with something like the Reilly's Rangers armor. :D
Produces the programming equivalent of coffee stains.

Bottletopman

Post by Bottletopman » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:35 am

If there was a bathrobe in New Vegas I'd totally rock it
tp for my bunghole?