FNV has mods from previous playthrough, new F3 install.

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
supercomputer

FNV has mods from previous playthrough, new F3 install.

Post by supercomputer » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:13 am

Hello, Im using Vortex for mods on Fallout New Vegas and I've noticed that it has to be a fresh install of Fallout New Vegas. Would I have to make a new profile in Vortex and run it through that or would I need to reinstall Fallout New Vegas. Hopefully its not too confusing with the way im trying to word it.

I basically am trying to figure out if using a fresh new profile on Vortex would count as a fresh "reinstall" without mods or if I'd need to get rid of my previous mods because they would conflict. Thank you for anyone who can help!

Lyndi

Re: FNV has mods from previous playthrough, new F3 install.

Post by Lyndi » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:45 pm

You need a clean and unmodified version of FNV. Vortex is supposed to keep the FNV folder clean I believe (I don't use it.) Assuming it works somewhat similar to MO2 in that regard, you should be ok with just creating a new profile and using that for TTW.

Check the FNV Data folder and make sure it is stock and doesn't have any crap in it. If the folder only contains the original, unedited FNV files, you should be able to run the installer and generate the TTW files just fine.
Produces the programming equivalent of coffee stains.