Question about adding animation mods into TTW

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
PeefSpogdar

Question about adding animation mods into TTW

Post by PeefSpogdar » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:17 pm

So i've been reading up on the incompatible mods and i have a question about asurah's animation mod, i know it says incompatible but i just wanted to quickly ask does that mean that it simply won't load one or the other, it just won't load certain textures correctly, or will it not work entirely? sorry for the dumb question i'm pretty new to modding fallout so i wasn't sure. i'm trying to get TTW, Basic project nevada, and asurah's in at once but as of the latest update there doesn't seem to be many compatible mods. any advice, clarification, etc. would be greatly appreciated!

RoyBatty
Gary

Re: Question about adding animation mods into TTW

Post by RoyBatty » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:28 pm

There's plenty of compatible mods, even new ones which are really good.

The issue is with iron sights, as I've posted on my WMIM mod a twitch stream where I showed how to fix things for them. Asurah's I believes adds an extra node for things, if you know what it is you can use Sniff by zilav to add the node to all the weapons and then it will work. I believe Hitman was also working on a new mod which will be TTW compatible too.

The incompatabllities lie in that Asurah's was made with NV only in mind, and TTW has the F3 weapons, and the anims in NV do not have some of the nodes for those. Also the addition of the Cryolator. This was *always* an issue, I just chose to make it explicitly known.

The modding community is not as active as it once was... and frankly lots of mods didn't work right in 2.9 either (I know, I either converted them or patched them myself). 3.2 is just less tolerant of poorly made mods.

PeefSpogdar

Re: Question about adding animation mods into TTW

Post by PeefSpogdar » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:46 pm

ah i gotcha, thanks for clearing that up! i'll keep on looking and see what i can find. i'm mostly trying to gather up a list of stuff to install after this because i'm gonna pick up a copy of fallout 3 specifically for this, and the fact that i haven't played since ~2010 so it'll be a big ol nostalgia so i wanna make sure it won't seize up and die on launch haha. - The search continues - and i'll see if i can figure out that sniff thing, i don't have much experience in that type of program so wish me luck! lol