Crashing around Quarry Junction

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
nexusmodsforme

Crashing around Quarry Junction

Post by nexusmodsforme » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:00 pm

Greetings community,

So I've been playing this for about two years straight with multiple playthroughs and ran into a rather frustrating bug. When visiting Quarry Junction I can not longer save without the game crashing. This happens if I quicksave, teleport, move into a house, or manually save. All of which leads to TTW CTD. If anyone else has run into this or has a fix it would be greatly appreciated.
"If any civilization is to survive, it is the morality of altruism that men have to reject." ~ Ayn Rand

jlf65

Re: Crashing around Quarry Junction

Post by jlf65 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:05 pm

I had no troubles visiting Quarry Junction last weekend. Might be a mod, or possibly some obscure engine bug. You might try to narrow it down some... is it merely getting the map marker that does it? Fighting the death claws? Seeing the Great Kahns?

nexusmodsforme

Re: Crashing around Quarry Junction

Post by nexusmodsforme » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:42 pm

If anyone else has this bug I solved it by coming back later from the opposite entry beside the Khan encampment. Trying to enter the quarry via the quarry entrance seems to have been the problem.
"If any civilization is to survive, it is the morality of altruism that men have to reject." ~ Ayn Rand