A few questions about TTW 3.2+

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
LostWanderer1988

A few questions about TTW 3.2+

Post by LostWanderer1988 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:26 pm

Hello TTW community,

I registered a few days ago, and this is my first post.

As the title says i have a few questions about TTW3.2+:

1. These are my specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600, 3.2 GHz
Motherboard: Asus Prime A320M-K
Motherboard Chipset: AMD A320, AMD Taishan, AMD K17 IMC
System Memory: 16 GB, 2x8 GB DDR4-2400 DDR4 SDRAM
GPU: nVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6 GB)
HDD (SSD): CT240BX500SSD1 (240 GB, SATA-III) C: 223.1 GB (127.0 GB free)

How long would TTW 3.2 Installation take on my System?

2. Should i start playing TTW, or wait for a potential 3.2.3 update?

I don't want to restart (i plan to play for a few hundred hours, minimum) in case an update requires a new game.

3. Do i need to take the "Wild Wasteland" trait, or is it activated automatically?

4. What other mods would you recommend to have installed, besides the ones in the "Recommended Mods for 3.2.x" thread?

After all it has been almost a year since the thread was made, and maybe some new modes popped up in the meantime, idk.

5. S.P.E.C.I.A.L. attributes work the same i assume?

6. Anything else i should know? (hints, tips, etc)

Thank you for making this mod, i discovered it recently and just the premise is amazing, let alone that such a mod exists!

Optera

Re: A few questions about TTW 3.2+

Post by Optera » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:06 am

1) For me it took about 3 hours, most of which was transcoding FO3 audio.
With my system disk-io seemed to be the limiting factor. I'm using an M2 Evo which is a fair bit faster than any SATA SSD so prepare to let it install over night.

2) Does 3.2.3 even have an eta yet?

3) I'd guess NV traits work as they did in NV, so you'd have to take it if you want those few encounters.

4) Up to your personal preference. Outside the recommended mods I found none of my usual nv mods play nice with TTW, and only have outdated 2.9 compatibility patches if any.

5) Special is just like in FNV.

6)
Progression:
- Start in DC as recommended

- Make a beeline to Outcast Bunker and play through Operation Anchorage to get PA training, a T51 and the ridiculously broken stealth suit early.

Perks:
- Don't bother with perks giving more exp or skill points from books. If you take Almost perfect at 30 you will have more than enough skill points to get everything to 100.

- If you plan on a stealth build pick Silent Running as soon as possible. With it you can sneak run circles in PA around NPC.

General:
- Fo3 bobbleheads have been changed a lot, get them early. For example Charisma ignores Karma for Follower recruitment.

- Check for known bugs. TTW Interiors caused some weird glitches in my playthrough.

jlf65

Re: A few questions about TTW 3.2+

Post by jlf65 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:28 pm

When installing, be sure to turn off virus file scanning temporarily or it could take days to process all the files. Windows 10 can cause some people problems with NVSR - in which case, use NVTF. Be sure to install NVAC and make sure to get the latest JIPLN from the nexus. Do a plain install and make sure everything is working before trying any mods, even recommended or converted ones.