How are skills adjusted between the titles?

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
angrychimp

How are skills adjusted between the titles?

Post by angrychimp » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:14 pm

Obviously skills like speech and science and repair have whole dimensions of more importance in NV then FO3. Are these skills converted to behave the same in FO3? What differences are there if any?

Risewild

Re: How are skills adjusted between the titles?

Post by Risewild » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:41 am

The skills by themselves are the Fallout New Vegas ones (this means that the game has the "Survival" skill, but doesn't have the "Big Guns" skill. Due to this we removed the Big Guns bobblehead and skill books and replaced them with a newly made Survival bobblehead and a Survival skill book).

But we didn't add or changed any skill checks in the Fallout 3 part of TTW.

We had planned to convert the FO3 speech checks (they are percentage based) to the same as FNV (they are "fixed value" based) and also have an option to turn the FNV speech checks to FO3 percentage system, for people who preferred the older system. But now that Roy left modding I doubt we will reach that point. :?

There was a modder making a overhaul of the Fallout 3 skill checks to behave like FNV ones, but I haven't had any news from him in a while, so I don't know how that is going. :?
Signature:

angrychimp

Re: How are skills adjusted between the titles?

Post by angrychimp » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:28 am

Risewild wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:41 am
The skills by themselves are the Fallout New Vegas ones (this means that the game has the "Survival" skill, but doesn't have the "Big Guns" skill. Due to this we removed the Big Guns bobblehead and skill books and replaced them with a newly made Survival bobblehead and a Survival skill book).

But we didn't add or changed any skill checks in the Fallout 3 part of TTW.

We had planned to convert the FO3 speech checks (they are percentage based) to the same as FNV (they are "fixed value" based) and also have an option to turn the FNV speech checks to FO3 percentage system, for people who preferred the older system. But now that Roy left modding I doubt we will reach that point. :?

There was a modder making a overhaul of the Fallout 3 skill checks to behave like FNV ones, but I haven't had any news from him in a while, so I don't know how that is going. :?
Unless im mistaken there was something said about FO3 being converted to behave like NV. So from what you have said above I just assume that the speech mode is just game specific. If it sounds like im just repeating stuff back to you its because im trying to wrap my brain around all of this. :D I must have tried a hundred times to mod bugthesda games. A few times I got far enough to be able to play them but got stressed from all the bugs and quarks and the carelessness of modders making mesh and texture sets that clashed with everything else... I really want to play modded games, its just so hard for me to get into because the sheer amount of work required to make it happen stresses me out to the point where I just quit...

Hoping to succeed this time. ;)

Would I just be better off getting a skill overhaul or would that break something?