RE: Where did Roy go?

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
MysteryMachineX

Re: RE: Where did Roy go?

Post by MysteryMachineX » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:19 am

I wanted to say this to Roy, so I think here is the best place to do it:

"There is no shame in getting help or professional help when it comes to mental health."

I just think that is important for when people go through things like this to know. Sorry for butting in.

idmfan

Post by idmfan » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:54 am

MysteryMachineX wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:19 am
I wanted to say this to Roy, so I think here is the best place to do it:

"There is no shame in getting help or professional help when it comes to mental health."

I just think that is important for when people go through things like this to know. Sorry for butting in.
I have visited the psychiatrists who have medical degree for nearly 10 years.
According to my experience, getting the professional help won't make the things worse, that's for sure.
But it will hardly cure someone's mental problem if it's so chronic and deep.
Psychiatric pills hardly do anything because current psychiatric science is so primitive. (You know, experimentation on humans is strictly prohibited)
Besides, inexperienced therapists can easily pi** off their patients.

I'd suggest petting a couple of parrots to maintain the mental health.
They live long(even tiny budgies can live 5 to 10 years), are intelligent and will do funny things that make the owner smile when properly trained.
Roy won't let them poop, chirp or crawl in his house, but I'll see.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:38 pm

My sister is on meds and gets therapy for anger management. I think most people at least know someone who needs/gets help, so it's certainly not the stigma today that it once was. It's not something shameful that needs to be hidden away, but it is something that needs to be dealt with rather than ignored.

Lyaneri

Post by Lyaneri » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:29 pm

idmfan wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:54 am
But it will hardly cure someone's mental problem if it's so chronic and deep.
I agree. Mental problems are not something you can just scrape off. They are part of you and where probably developing since your childhood. (Started writing down how to deal with it but that would be hypocritical since I'm not doing anything)
MysteryMachineX wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:19 am
Don't think this ever actually helped anyone at all. I find it to be rather patronizing and usually said by people who just want to have clear conscience.

idmfan

Post by idmfan » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:28 am

Yeah, it definitely is the part of me. I have been a social outcast since 4~5 year old.
Then I realized I'm damn different from average people when the bullies tormented me deeply.

I basically don't do anything either, nearly gave up. I just take the pills and take care of my conures with mom.
Most 'therapists' love pi**ing me off, only the pills keep me 'sane'.
Besides, most companies prefer people who majored engineering, but my major was social science which is trash these days.
That reality makes me the social outcast as well.
I even thought about making some money via YouTube. The channel will feature my conures of course.

UsagiPyon

Post by UsagiPyon » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:22 am

It is not so green on the engineering side and I actually turned from a patient person to an impatient one because of said job. With outburst of anger every now and then. Light meditation and traveling calms me down the most than placebo pills and or patronizing psychiatrists. Everyone have their own problems and their ways of dealing it I suppose :)

idmfan

Post by idmfan » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:39 am

UsagiPyon wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:22 am
It is not so green on the engineering side and I actually turned from a patient person to an impatient one because of said job. With outburst of anger every now and then. Light meditation and traveling calms me down the most than placebo pills and or patronizing psychiatrists. Everyone have their own problems and their ways of dealing it I suppose :)
My country still kinda focuses on manufacturing. Thus most state-owned companies and chaebol companies that pay well prefer graduates majored engineering.
Under-qualified 'universities' are everywhere and the surplus graduates who majored History, Languages, Social Science, Literature blah blah try to be a public servant.
This country holds no hope since 1997 when the govt sought some 'help' from IMF.
Thought about getting a job abroad, but AFAIK, even English-speaking countries aren't fond of immigrants or expats these days.
Should I just make some money with my conures.....do people like the conures? most bird-lovers like cockatiels or african greys/

PS-Some chicks simply steal money from dudes by doing cosplay. They even sell gravures feature themselves.
But what pro cosplay teams recruit a dude?

Just leave me alone, don't try responding my posts. Just like renowned bird owners like Kelly, Dan, Rebecca, Marlene....I'm going to be a famous bird youtuber.

MysteryMachineX

Post by MysteryMachineX » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:42 am

There's a stigma on getting professional help for mental health, and mental health is not taken seriously by many still these days. But "help or professional help". Whether that's a friend, a pet, or person trained to deal with these kinds of things. Whatever works for you.

Ragnor

Post by Ragnor » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:38 pm

Guys as someone who suffers from depression and is mildly bipolar sometimes people have to take a break for a few month of everything!!!Its normal so chill dudes!