RE: Where did Roy go?

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
UsagiPyon

RE: Where did Roy go?

Post by UsagiPyon » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:21 pm

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8045
Post by RoyBatty » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:49 pm wrote: Roy is having problems, mental ones, rage issues and is making bad decisions in his life.

He's decided to withdraw from modding, and the world in general until these problems can be helped, and if they cannot then he will never return and likely won't anyways.

He wishes you all well, and holds no ill will. He doesn't expect forgiveness for his recent behaviors, nor does he deserve any.

Auf wiedersehen.
So what does this mean for TTW and the overdue release of 3.2.3 patch? Total abandonment or someone else will be assigned to take the helm? A clear cut answer will be appreciated so as to not leave people hanging.

Humans make mistakes and you are one after all.

rweizer

Re: RE: Where did Roy go?

Post by rweizer » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:02 am

bit soon for a topic like this imo

FiftyTifty

Post by FiftyTifty » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:24 am

When I did sudden exoduses like this, I completely bailed and cut contact. I'd assume that he's just wiping his hands clean of it indefinitely. It'd be nice if the current progress on the patch was available to be continued upon by others, but that's not really important at all, as TTW is in a nice state as-is.

UsagiPyon

Post by UsagiPyon » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:50 am

Looking at the lists of things 3.2.3 fixes, TTW is not in a nice state imo and you would think that the patch will be out sooner. The team and this board will be losing an important figure and his departure does not include any other details other than he is leaving. It is time like this that things have to be open and conveyed more adequately to the fans of this mod. We shall see if there will be any follow up then.

idmfan

Post by idmfan » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:20 am

Wanted to see these two happening, but Roy suddenly quit the modding.

Re-leveling all the lists in the game to scale from level 1 to 40-50ish. Right now, most lists scale from level 1-15 or 1-21. I few scale all the way up to level 30. There has been some discussion about raising the level cap to 60 (broken steel increased the level cap by 10, 60 is a highly divisble number allowing for different perk rates, it's too easy to get to level 50), and this might happen, the leveled lists will still only scale to level 40-50 though, to give you a bit of room to play with the better stuff in the game.

DT/DR overhaul. I've made a bunch of test version of this to get a feel for how it should work. After testing, I have decided to make a scripted version that will allow 4 different options. NV (Full DT), FO3 (Full DR), JSawyer (Full DT, Some DR), and TTW (Full DR, Some DT). This will also make TTW require JIP LNs split head DT and DR, though it will hopefully not be required.

(quoted from darth's post)

But I respect his decision, since I too suffer from chronic mental disorders.

UsagiPyon

Post by UsagiPyon » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:15 am

It is not really a sudden departure as it seems that Roy has been wavering back and forth as evident from the very 1st "red flag" post: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7249 and his "persona" there forth.

Ence

Post by Ence » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:09 pm

Response from the developers would be great. But everyone is silent.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:06 am

Ence wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:09 pm
Probably because even the developers have no idea what is happening. :shock:

While I made some small contributions to the next version of TTW. Roy quitting totally got me by surprise and I have no idea how or if anyone else has the files for the update.

Basically whatever work I made for this update was all delivered to Roy. Knowing him, he wouldn't leave without giving the stuff to someone else. But since it was so abrupt (and I still have no idea of what the hell happened), I don't know where the files ended up.

I am super busy with RL, being a 24 hours carer for my wife at the moment, so I barely have 10 minutes of spare time to come by the forums and do much every day :? , so I can't really do or say much about this situation.

EDIT: I just found out that the files for the next update are in good hands and it will be released once the installer for the next update is done. :)
Signature:

Zhunter5000

Post by Zhunter5000 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:15 pm

Risewild wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:06 am
Ence wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:09 pm
Probably because even the developers have no idea what is happening. :shock:

While I made some small contributions to the next version of TTW. Roy quitting totally got me by surprise and I have no idea how or if anyone else has the files for the update.

Basically whatever work I made for this update was all delivered to Roy. Knowing him, he wouldn't leave without giving the stuff to someone else. But since it was so abrupt (and I still have no idea of what the hell happened), I don't know where the files ended up.

I am super busy with RL, being a 24 hours carer for my wife at the moment, so I barely have 10 minutes of spare time to come by the forums and do much every day :? , so I can't really do or say much about this situation.

EDIT: I just found out that the files for the next update are in good hands and it will be released once the installer for the next update is done. :)
If you don't mind me asking, is this installer different than the 3.2.X-3.2.2 one? From information I've heard (Don't know if real/confirmed) the update itself has been done for months, and the installer was taking a very long time to do.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:38 pm

Zhunter5000 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:15 pm
If you don't mind me asking, is this installer different than the 3.2.X-3.2.2 one? From information I've heard (Don't know if real/confirmed) the update itself has been done for months, and the installer was taking a very long time to do.
As far as I know. The next version will be a full TTW installer instead of a update. So all the new files will have to be included in the TTW installer and update whatever it needs to be updated to make it work properly (that means including in the installer the previously released incremental updates + all the new files and fixes for the next version).
It can take a long time. People can get busy with RL and not have spare time to do it, making it take even longer.

But like I said, the files are in good hands, and so, there's no reason to worry about the next version.
Signature: