Point Lookout Bugs

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
KnightArthuria

Point Lookout Bugs

Post by KnightArthuria » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:50 pm

Pretty much all of Point Lookout works except for these three things:
1. Trying to discover the Dove Delta map marker will crash the game
2. After accepting the Quest The Dark Heart of Blackhall the game will crash after you exit the manor and finish speaking to Marcella
3. The game will crash after shortly collecting the third survey data from the quest An Antique Land or by using the console to forcibly complete the quest

EDIT shortly after posting this I did some testing with a few recently installed mods and turns out they were the ones causing the issues
Last edited by KnightArthuria on Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RoyBatty
Gary

Re: Point Lookout Bugs

Post by RoyBatty » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:58 am

Can't reproduce any of these, completed PL countless times.

Check your mods.

Decker

Post by Decker » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:01 am

Crashes do seem to be more commonplace in Point Lookout than other Fallout 3 areas, but as far as I can tell they are random instead of being easily predictable. In PL I get a crash once every hour and a half or so on average, while in vanilla F3 areas crashes are much rarer occurrence (maybe once in 4h or even less often). So far the crashes seem to be random, i.e. none of them has been reproducible so far.. In any case, TTW3 is crashing way less than vanilla Fallout 3 or FNV did.

What works here is a savegame discipline best suited for playing Bethesda games; Save the game often, and in multiple slots. This way the amount of lost game progress is kept minimized.

I have GOG versions of the games, I am running TTW with Mod Organizer, and have the default load order with few very minor mods added like enhanced camera, texture packs, level 99+perk every level and essential capital wasteland travelling merchants.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:50 pm

I finished PL under TTW3 a bit ago and didn't see any problems, other than frame rate issues, which is normal for PL. It was actually more stable under 3.2.2 than I've ever seen in stock FO3 or under TTW 2.9.4. PL is more likely to randomly crash the more mods you have, so you might need to cut back on the mods until you're done there.

Lyndi

Post by Lyndi » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:36 pm

As others here have said, it has to be a mod issue. I've completed Point Lookout twice under 3.2.2 with zero issues. You need to go through your load order and look for problematic mods. JSawyer Ultimate is a popular download on Nexus and it's TTW patch is broken (it's always been broken) and causes crashes in Point Lookout. I think that was limited to looting med kits though.

Regardless, posting a load order and version info for NVSE plugins would be a start when asking for help identifying the problem.
Produces the programming equivalent of coffee stains.