My attempt at creating text instructions for TTW installation and Modding

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
bawsko

My attempt at creating text instructions for TTW installation and Modding

Post by bawsko » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:14 pm

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LEB ... sp=sharing

It's a Google doc converted from a Word doc so hopefully it looks okay and the screenshots can be read. This is a read only link so you cannot edit/comment/etc.

Obviously this isn't the only way to install and mod the game. But this is the method I chose to go through and it worked on two computers. A couple of friends are in the process of following the steps on their own machines because we're all interested in playing the amazing free mod these wonderful folks built.

If you guys think it's actually useful and want to make modifications, feel free to download/modify the source file. This link should allow you to download the source word document - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M51yj ... WDm052LbJ7

More than happy to answer any questions or make any changes. I probably won't be visiting this forum much though so best to email me so I get a notification - bawsko@gmail.com

jlf65

Re: My attempt at creating text instructions for TTW installation and Modding

Post by jlf65 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:09 pm

Not bad, but you recommend NVSR, which doesn't work on W10 for many people, like myself. You should be recommending Tick Fix, which works on everything. At the very least, you need to mention that NVSR may not work and direct them to Tick Fix in that case. You should also mention that the current latest version of CASM doesn't work with the current latest version of JIPLN. People using CASM should use the next to last version instead of the latest.

RoyBatty
Gary

Re: My attempt at creating text instructions for TTW installation and Modding

Post by RoyBatty » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:47 am

Yeah TickFix supercedes NVSR anyways, NVSR has issues that go beyond just windows 10 problems.