anybody escape sierra madre with 37 gold bars?

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
idmfan

anybody escape sierra madre with 37 gold bars?

Post by idmfan » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:55 am

about six years ago, I managed to grab all the gold bars then trap Elijah.
this time, I tried to store all of them into his body and switch to the 3rd vision to grab them. Didn't work.
Had to leave sierra madre without gold, lol

of course a TTW player can get really rich without them, but.....

https://youtu.be/pqIIuGxNfNg

anybody tried this?

jlf65

Re: anybody escape sierra madre with 37 gold bars?

Post by jlf65 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:46 pm

I could never make his old method work, but this new one looks like it shouldn't be too hard. I just find it easier to cheat - I use my Spinach mod so that I'm not over encumbered. :D

Of course, if you don't want to cheat, but don't mind a mod that's not really cheating, I'd suggest iStewieTweaks. There's an option for over-encumbered running uses AP, then keep popping AP boost and regen potions. That's what I mainly do right now - haven't gotten around to updating my Spinach mod, and I might not given this option in iStewieTweaks.

Eddoursul

Post by Eddoursul » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:58 pm

I did it without cheating, using a different method: sneak behind the pillar, closest to the door, and hide, while Elijah walks down, goes pass you and turns left to the vault. All this time you keep moving around the pillar to stay fully hidden, this is the most important part. I did not even use Stealth Boy or GRX. Once Elijah turns left to vault and makes a couple of steps, you stand up and make a run (figuratively speaking :lol: ) to the door.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:36 pm

Eddoursul wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:58 pm
I did it without cheating, using a different method: sneak behind the pillar, closest to the door, and hide, while Elijah walks down, goes pass you and turns left to the vault. All this time you keep moving around the pillar to stay fully hidden, this is the most important part. I did not even use Stealth Boy or GRX. Once Elijah turns left to vault and makes a couple of steps, you stand up and make a run (figuratively speaking :lol: ) to the door.
That was the old method. It's very hard to stay hidden without 100 sneak and Stealthboy. I could never do it. It also means you don't get all Elijah's stuff. The new method in the video gives you all his stuff in addition to the gold.