Anything interesting going on TTW or NV?

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
idmfan

Anything interesting going on TTW or NV?

Post by idmfan » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:43 am

Been playing Path of Exile. The new Legion league is pretty great but it has ruined the game's economy.
(Most melee-related items are really expensive these days lol)

So I might go back to TTW. Anything interesting happening in the modding scene?
Should I wait for 3.2.3 (3.3) or updated JIPLN?

UsagiPyon

Re: Anything interesting going on TTW or NV?

Post by UsagiPyon » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:07 am

idmfan wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:43 am
Been playing Path of Exile. The new Legion league is pretty great but it has ruined the game's economy.
(Most melee-related items are really expensive these days lol)

So I might go back to TTW. Anything interesting happening in the modding scene?
Should I wait for 3.2.3 (3.3) or updated JIPLN?
Ah POE, Every league felt the same that I have to drop it.
Modding on the nexus side have been stagnant for years and filled with generic to worthless mods from time to time. The only interesting ones that catches my eye were the APOLLO Android, Functional Post Game Ending and Vlad's Weapon Emporium mods (Nope. Not a fan of New California mod).
JIP LN NVSE have stayed @ version 55.10 for quite some time now. As for whether or not to "wait" for 3.2.3 I guess that depends on what you expect from TTW. I play TTW when I feel nostalgic for FO3 with AWOP and Interiors.

idmfan

Post by idmfan » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:06 am

I should have played an occultist before GGG nerfed her badly....(sighs)

Anyway, I'm not a fan of New California either. FPGE really interests me as well.
As for an equipment mod, Drag's F4 style PA mod on another site has really come to my attention.
However, not only can it affect performance (according to Roy) it also requires a pip boy mod which is mostly incompatible with TTW.

UsagiPyon

Post by UsagiPyon » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:13 pm

It is the same thing as always, fun(OP) build gets nerf because of reasons :lol:

I'm looking forward to when TTW unique weapons gets their own look and also 3.2.3 because of the annoying generic dialogue bug. (Well you can switch off the subtitle but it can be off putting when you switch it on and you see a brahmin saying "Hi/Morning" or radroaches saying "Aha!" in the subtitle.)

Drag's stuffs are nice but I tend to avoid it.