change race mid game.

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
jlf65

Re: change race mid game.

Post by jlf65 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:49 pm

Risewild wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:29 am
The problem is that then, when the game forces you to change age, you would change race instead. :lol:
Yes. You're going to have issues no matter what, but it seems like you'd have less issues that way, you just don't get younger/older. The birthday party would be weird... :? :lol:

John Barleycorn

Post by John Barleycorn » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:22 pm

RoyBatty wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:52 pm
Race menu is broken in many ways, and was never intended to be used in Fallout 3 or NV. Don't use it, use of it is at your own risk.
Used yesterday. I've changed only the preset, and some things like hair eye color and so on. No problem encountered. The character didn't even lose perks or specials. So again, it's perfectly safe until you change race.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:29 am

If I remember, the pipboy will still say you have the same stats as before the change, but the game will instead use the base stats. Or something like that.

Just some information to keep in mind. You should try and (somehow) check if your stats are being applied correctly.
Signature:

John Barleycorn

Post by John Barleycorn » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:48 pm

Risewild wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:29 am
If I remember, the pipboy will still say you have the same stats as before the change, but the game will instead use the base stats. Or something like that.

Just some information to keep in mind. You should try and (somehow) check if your stats are being applied correctly.
Really? I'll have to check that.