Cooking in FO3?

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
Elvani

Cooking in FO3?

Post by Elvani » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:22 am

I just started up a new game. I haven't played since before 3.2 came out (this is a fresh install).

I can't seem to find anywhere to cook in Megaton, and I'm too early in the game to afford the player house. Is there somewhere to cook raw meat nearby?

Risewild

Re: Cooking in FO3?

Post by Risewild » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:28 am

The closest place to Megaton I can think of is Grayditch. You can use the outdoor fires as a campfire:
Signature:

t364974

Post by t364974 » Sat May 04, 2019 7:57 pm

Late reply, but you can cook in the raider house across the street from Springvale School. Also, I recommend Oven Cooking.

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Sat May 08, 2021 9:15 am

Note, there is a campfire at the place related to Keller family note 5 .

Fast travel to Farragut West Metro station. From there traveling along the river coast downsouth, toward the place across the Wilhem Wharf.

(or Travel to the Anchorage Memorial and head north-northeast. Across the river there is a semi-truck and a tent behind it with centaurs guarding outside as well as a super mutant.)

If good karma, should get a talon merc spawned and attack. YOu know you are near when he appear.

Note that semi-truck and a tent behind it with centaurs guarding outside as well as a super mutant inside near a wasteland captive. Outside of that tent has a campfire and maybe a dead male wastelander.

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Sun May 09, 2021 2:02 am

Some people mentioned elsewhere about a raider house across Springvale school. I check the intact house across Springvale school and it's blocked up. So I think that speaker used a mod related to that house.

Also Grayditch fire. I cant find any has same effect. Either said poster use a mod that affect those fire... Or this is disabled in TTW 3.3.2
------------
Console help is the quick and dirty method for the entire question.

Find an outdoor suitable place ( I choose minihideout marker, which is a mod, in Springvale). So can fast travel there and get access to it right away.

open console and type
search grill (this will show a few ID with grill in its name.
player.placeatme ID

Just choose an item not a container and it will work. search campfire doesnt work because it show too much quest name and container.
Last edited by Laclongquan on Wed May 12, 2021 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

diazeriksen07

Post by diazeriksen07 » Sun May 09, 2021 2:11 am

Just get Jericho as a follower. His perk allows you to access the campfire menu from dialog with him.

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Sun May 09, 2021 7:21 am

I have good karma so not possible? Also fresh out of the Vault, so~

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Sun May 09, 2021 8:00 am

Laclongquan wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 7:21 am
I have good karma so not possible? Also fresh out of the Vault, so~
If you get the Charisma Bobblehead, you can recruit companions with any karma. :D
About the money to hire him... Well, I can't help with that... :lol:
Signature:

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Sun May 23, 2021 9:17 am

There's quite a few campfire, grill I run across the way. The most convenient would be Moonbeam outdoor cinema, but its downside is potential hostiles on top of your head.

Big town dont have any grill, hot plate, or campfire: Arefu, Big Town, Megaton, grayditch, Rivet City. Which is strange no matter what you say. Any inn/restaurant/eatery should have one thing of that function.

Mothership Zeta does have a few but it's inconvenient and hard to remember. I think there's at least two (one possibly the maintanance level) but why would there be nothing of that sort among the collection of trash on Engineering core? Illogical!

I know, easy solution is doing the Megaton disarm right away, preferably in Simms' favour. but sometimes we just... want to delay it until later.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:04 pm

You can use the black domed grills too, they are everywhere. The closest place to cook is the campground due west of megaton down the hill from the barn.