Consistent Crashes?

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
Samsh0

Consistent Crashes?

Post by Samsh0 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:48 pm

So I've lurked all over these forums to find a similar issue to mine but I guess I'm just super unique?

The Issue: For the most part the game runs perfectly fine, I played through all of DC and Broken Steel without a single problem, however I started to see issues with the Aqua Pura quest outside Underworld, none of the actors had a voice, just subtitles. I started to experience crashes in Point Lookout though, specifically around the Clan Ofie plot, every time i walked over to it the game would crash clearly trying to call something it didn't have a path to as every time I loaded a save next to it, i would walk over to it and crash every single time. My solution was to just not go there lol. Mothership Zeta played perfectly fine, had no issues with that DLC but then I got to the Pitt. I now have a very consistent crash at the entrance, specifically after the conversation where they jump you and take your stuff, the conversation ends and the first hit to my character immediately crashes the game, I've crashed like 4 times before coming here to ask about it lol

My Setup: i5-7600k OC'd + 16GB RAM + NV 1080ti 11gb vram OS: Win10 Pro x64

Modding Setup: I have been using Mod Organizer 2 and I'm using just 11 plugins and 26 mods overall some of them modified for personal taste. This is my Mod list in order (not the plugin list)
  • JIP LN NVSE Plugin
  • New Vegas - Enhanced Camera
  • Gun Follows Crosshairs in First Person
  • B42 Weapon Inertia
  • Diagonal movement
  • Vanilla Sprint
  • New Vegas Stutter Remover
  • Audio Distortion Remover
  • OneTweak for FNV
  • No Combat Music - ambient music continues
  • The Mod Configuration Menu
  • FOV Slider
  • UIO - User Interface Organizer
  • Vanilla UI Plus (New Vegas)
  • Vanilla UI Plus Revelation (New Vegas)
  • Vanilla HUD Remastered
  • MCM Pause Menu Button Color Changer (Match HUD)
  • Fallout 4 Quickloot for New Vegas
  • Samsh0's FO4 Crosshair (mine)
  • JIP Selective-Fire
  • JIP Companions Command and Control
  • Limitless Stats
  • The Strip Open
  • Remastered HD Mr. House Lucky 38
  • Gloves Galore (modified as to not edit Cells)
As you can see I try to keep my game very Vanilla while also making the UI a little fancy, not to mention the camera controls I consider a "fix", I try to aim for things that won't directly affect the game world in any way. Limitless Stats is the only change I was and am willing to commit to lol

I want to mention that I have NOT cleaned any of the official Bethesda plugins which is something I usually do, didn't because I wanted to see just how stable my game would be with just some very light plugins installed first before I started to do anything else (also didn't seem like an issue until now). Not sure if that would accomplish much.

I also wanted to mention that I did modify the .ini for Enhanced Camera to not render the arms as to not make the Vanilla Sprint animation looking awkward in first person (look at me I have 4 arms!)

I understand that NVSR doesn't like to play well with Windows 10, I have tried turning it off to see how the game would handle, all it did was make my load times half a second longer, still crashed :( (Note: I do use the windows 10 'fixed' version)

I updated 3.2 to 3.2.2 yesterday

In Closing: I guess what I'm looking for is if my modlist has any sort of conflicts that would be causing these crashes or what steps I'm missing. I guess I will be forced to go through the PITA task of reinstalling!

RoyBatty
Gary

Re: Consistent Crashes?

Post by RoyBatty » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:34 pm

Fallout 4 Quickloot for New Vegas , broken, removed from nexus. Use Loot Menu instead.

Crashing at the ambush is strange, also the plot in Point Lookout, I can't think of a single reason that would happen. I'm going to blame a bad nif in a mod, as that is the most common reason.

The voices missing was fixed in 3.2.1 or 3.2.2 I don't recall which.

Don't remove the .override files, they are required for proper operation.

Don't clean anything with TTW core files, and don't remove or alter any files as this will break future updates. The next update will also alter the NV plugins to be "clean" and fix 2 serious bugs in the main ESM.

Samsh0

Post by Samsh0 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:32 am

Quickloot's broken? That's news to me I've never had an issue with it!

Btw I solved the problem... installed NVAC and suddenly everything worked. I swear at some point in the past I saw that either NVSR or NVAC was suggested not to be used with TTW but maybe that's old info or i've just got them mixed up, either way installing NVAC (win10 AU version) ended up solving the crashes for me, runs perfectly fine now!

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:48 am

NVAC is helpful, but I prefer to find that cause of crashes and fix them, but we can't go around fixing everyones mods. :D

Yeah Quickloot was even removed from nexus by Xilandro.

Samsh0

Post by Samsh0 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:09 pm

Well yeah! But you can see I don't even use that many mods! mostly Xilandro stuff! That guy's a treasure! (and so are you Roy!)

I wouldn't even know how to go about finding the exact source of that crash but after I installed NVAC, I don't know what exactly it did but it also allowed me to go back to Point Lookout and shoot some creepers.. so I dunno, I'm not as versed in all this stuff as I'd like to be!

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:00 pm

well just play for a bit, then send me the nvac.log so I can see what is crashing

Samsh0

Post by Samsh0 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:18 pm

Found it. I started having issues entering Repconn after transitioning from DC to NV which had me bashing my head on the desk because it was the exact same issue I was having in 2.9 well then I punched the issue into Google, someone else complained of having the same issue as I was somewhere on the nexus boards, turns out the one thing I had in common was Limitless Stats so I turned it off and entered into Repconn again and lo & behold! Loaded right in and everything proceeded as it was suppose to.

Guess I'll have to stop using it then, I know eventually you plan to do something about balancing out levels and items, so oh well. Was only level 38 anyway lol