It was a long journey until I found this

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
Hortler88

It was a long journey until I found this

Post by Hortler88 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:13 pm

I tried to make Fallout 3 STANDALONE work with an enjoyable overhaul Mod for a Week now on Windows 10 and ran into quite a few technical issues. It was only now that I discovered this godly grace of TTW, eradicating all of the issues with this very old game and adding tons of contents from the far better FNV. When I was desperately searching for fixes for my issues with FO3, I found only the slightest hint directing me to TTW in a discussions on the nexus page for the unofficial FO3 Patch. One of the gods behind the unofficial Patch said that he didn't support FO3 anymore, because he moved to TTW and other projects. Only then I realised that there was a paradigm shift in the modding community concerning FO3! Google should display inline hints to anyone desperately searching fixes for FO3 work to just get TTW running and enjoy the goodness!

TL;DR:
There may be a lot of people walking through a very long and very dark tunnel in search of their FO3 crack cocain until they finally realise that TTW is the way to go in 2019. None of the discussions on steam or other sites pointed out that TTW makes FO3 actually playable again nowadays

RoyBatty

Re: It was a long journey until I found this

Post by RoyBatty » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:36 am

I find it make the game playable at all ;)

I don't think I'm a god though, just a dude, doing something he loves.

Moonracer13

Post by Moonracer13 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:29 pm

I'd been holding off a long time to try TTW as I'd heard it was a hassle to set up. But have been wanting to play FO3 again. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to set up. And nice to see all the FNV features added in. Everything has been smooth and I'm excited to finally experience this impressive project myself.

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:17 pm

The process is definitely pretty easy, I don't know why some folks have such trouble with it.

Enjoy! :)