Super mutants are just insanely hard. I think I have a load order problem.

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
vram1974

Super mutants are just insanely hard. I think I have a load order problem.

Post by vram1974 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:01 pm

I'm 53 hours into Fallout 3/TTW and I'm in Vault 87. I'm Level 31 with maxed guns and maxed sneak.

Killing a Super Mutant Overlord is basically agreeing to dump 20 rounds of your best ammo into his head and even then there's probably not a chance of them dying.

I'm using the super mutant rebalance but these guys are crazy meat shields.

Although my load order says I'm using Project Nevada I have everything set to vanilla.

Not sure why this is happening but it's making the game unfun and unplayable. Anybody have any ideas?

https://pastebin.com/21q832U0

ncrranger2019

Re: Super mutants are just insanely hard. I think I have a load order problem.

Post by ncrranger2019 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:10 pm

I played a bit of the current version of TTW back in the day but don't remmeber these guys being all that difficult. Looking at your modlist I don't see anything particularly suspicious but I also am bad at recognizing mods by their filenames lol. Did you try the good old tried and true method of just uninstalling all mods, loading a few at a time, and then checking? For reference I mostly play with a power fist and nothing else and never had much trouble with the muties near Rivet city.

Bottletopman

Re: Super mutants are just insanely hard. I think I have a load order problem.

Post by Bottletopman » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:03 am

Next time you see a mutie, before you hurt him open up the dev console, click on him then type getav health then see how much he's got. Also not down what type of mutant i.e. run of the mill super mutant, or master, or overlord etc.

Then check what Project Nevada set the health formulas to. For my game I reverted them back to vanilla values except for my own HP because I was already nigh unstoppable with a grenade machine gun and a few hundred rounds of 25mm. May just have to go into FNVEdit, loading all the plugins and seeing what's messing with their HP.
tp for my bunghole?