Fallout FanFiction

General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
CourierandWanderer

Fallout FanFiction

Post by CourierandWanderer » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:22 pm

You know, this gigantic mod of yours has left me with one crazy idea. Have any of you heard of a site called FanFiction? Well, I was thinking about writing a story about the Lone Wanderer's adventures, from the Capital Wasteland to the Mojave where he became the Courier. It would probably be long, so maybe it would be more than one "book"; and I was also thinking about including a few events that would give the Wanderer a reason for traveling west and leaving his home behind. The structure of the story will be somewhat reminiscent to TTW, as the Wanderer later becomes the Courier. Will it involve a modded TTW, that's what I'm trying to determine; but I do know that I'm giving the Wanderer's FO3 companions plus Sarah Lyons a big part.

The Wanderer will be male and with good karma. The story itself will be narrated by the Wanderer as an old man, talking about many of his past experiences. It'll be somewhat a story written after himself, not like the one that Moira Brown eventually writes. In his writing, he will describe it as his true story, what really happened besides what various wasteland historians would be saying. For example, some people may say that he disappeared from the Capital Wasteland in the year 2297, but what if that happened at a different time? Some would say that the Wanderer and the Courier were two different people. Were they really? As the old saying goes: "You can't judge a book by its cover."

Nord Ronnoc

I wrote a Fallout fanfic as

Post by Nord Ronnoc » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:52 pm

I wrote a Fallout fanfic as well; and it crosses over with Mass Effect. It's called Redemption in the Stars and it's the first in a five-part series called Mass Foundations. For this one, the Courier is male with neutral karma who aligns with the NCR. The story's set years after the events of the game, where the Courier has been transported to the Mass Effect universe after attempting to improve his Transportalponder. There, to find a way back, he goes on a mission with Liara T'Soni, a friend of Commander Shepard, and Feron, an information broker, to recover  Shepard's body. But they're not the only ones interested in the commander's remains.

However, this version of the Courier is not the Lone Wanderer. I find them to be separate people, but I've used TTW for consistency in the mechanics and such. If anyone's interested, here's the link to it on FF.net.

I've also made some character sheets for my Courier and my Lone Wanderer, as well as a few other main characters, including Shepard.

The Courier

The Lone Wanderer

The Commander (keep in mind that this is following the canon timeline)

Eric Grimes

CourierandWanderer

A Fallout vs Mass Effect

Post by CourierandWanderer » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:23 am

A Fallout vs Mass Effect story. Dude, that's an awesome imagination you got there.

Nord Ronnoc

CourierandWanderer wrote:

Post by Nord Ronnoc » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:51 am

[quote=CourierandWanderer]

A Fallout vs Mass Effect story. Dude, that's an awesome imagination you got there.

[/quote]

It's not entirely original, to be honest. Other people have come up with similar premises. My series inspired by Mass Vexations and Masses to Masses. In fact, the second story, A New Day, has a different protagonist, one who is gay and biracial. I'm also currently on doing a revised version of the story. You can check it out:

Prologue

Chapter One

Chapter Two

Chapter Three

CourierandWanderer

UPDATE:

Post by CourierandWanderer » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:53 pm

After watching the new approach for the power armor in Fallout 4, I decided to add that to my FanFiction story for the Wanderer. I think it's awesome and actually makes more sense. Now, in FO3 and FNV, you don't see any of the unworn power armor together in body and helmet; but when you play Operation: Anchorage, the Winterized T-51b Power Armor, when you first find it, is not in the style of folded clothes like all the other apparel you find. Another feature I will add is the increased height in the power armor and abilities for the helmets.

Project Nevada weapons, such as the .44 Pistol (also known as the Desert Eagle), will be included. That will become the Wanderer's signature sidearm after the story has progressed. Any other weapons will be...well, any weapon he finds. The smaller the foes, the smaller the gun. The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

UPDATE:

I have developed a character sheet for the Lone Wanderer in my story. Just so you know, it may involve a modded TTW, with some elements I decided to add for a good story.

Nord Ronnoc

CourierandWanderer wrote:

Post by Nord Ronnoc » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:14 am

[quote=CourierandWanderer]

UPDATE:

I have developed a character sheet for the Lone Wanderer in my story. Just so you know, it may involve a modded TTW, with some elements I decided to add for a good story.

[/quote]

Hope you don't mind if I take some of your stuff from your sheet for my Courier and Lone Wanderer. I take it you got yours off of mine?

CourierandWanderer

No, your info is not stolen.

Post by CourierandWanderer » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:05 pm

No, your info is not stolen. I liked how you organized yours in a table, so I did something similar. Everything you see is completely my idea. Your ideas are your own.

Other than that, what do you think?

Nord Ronnoc

I like it and I think you did

Post by Nord Ronnoc » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:43 pm

I like it and I think you did a better job expanding on your character's sheet, so I did the same thing with mine. Is that okay with you?

CourierandWanderer

Yes, go ahead.

Post by CourierandWanderer » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:33 pm

Yes, go ahead.

UPDATE:

I like it. Good work.

bosky2102

So any eta when this will be

Post by bosky2102 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:13 am

So any eta when this will be out?