General discussion of Tale of Two Wastelands
RoyBatty

No, just No.

Post by RoyBatty » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:35 pm

No, just No.

Nostalgia

Yeah, it's not like these

Post by Nostalgia » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:00 am

Yeah, it's not like these guys are busy or anything. It's only taken them close to a decade to get TTW running smoothly for FNV. I'm sure they won't mind giving up another ten years of their lives! Besides, there are still 3-4 huge mods coming out in the next year or so that I think the team would like to integrate with TTW if possible. That's another couple yrs or more of work right there.

FO4 is like Hamburger Helper to me. It is relatively easy to make and does fill your tummy. But, it is crap compared to the tasty, 4-course, made from scratch home cooked meal that is FNV or FO3 even.

@ samoja- couldn't agree more about the PA! Have a mod that "breaks" many that are just still sitting around- and there are still too many around! Beth really needed to aim somewhere other than the middle of the everything for FO4. "Hurr durr, players wanted more PA. Let's put some everywhere!"

Krux

Hey - I see it's been

Post by Krux » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:09 am

Hey - I see it's been somewhat mentioned, but I have to ask. Is the impossibility of 3 wastelands less pronounced since there are modders rebuilding 3 and NV in FO4?

Of course for you guys to do it, that would be an impossible task. But say the Captial Wasteland rebuild and FONV rebuild come to completion.. would you guys be able to work with those guys to get them mushed together?

Obviously there is no foreseeable future in this as those 2 mods by themselves aren't close to completion. Just your thoughts on the hypothetical "when they are done"?

Banned 11-12-2012 for Piracy
Reinstated 11-12-2012 upon receiving proof of purchase

Risewild

The Capital Wasteland in FO4

Post by Risewild » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:27 am

The Capital Wasteland in FO4 project was shut down by it's creators.

RoyBatty

I don't think the NV project

Post by RoyBatty » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:08 am

I don't think the NV project will continue to completion either. It's already fallen apart twice.

rockitten

RoyBatty wrote:

Post by rockitten » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:00 am

[quote=RoyBatty]

I don't think the NV project will continue to completion either. It's already fallen apart twice.

[/quote]

TBH, one of the best part of Bethesda games are the mods, with FO4's engine so fundamentally different to FO3/NV, all those "must have" great FNV mods need practically a rebuild to be able to "port to FO4NV. Which is not impossible, but extremely unlikely to happen consider how much effort is needed, and how many original mod creator(s) still contactable to grant you the authorization to do so.

Not to mention FO4 is such a crap, I just resentful about playing FNV on FO4 so that T@d* can claim any credit on it, such as claiming many "loyal players" still playing FO4......

James_T_Quirk

There is always Open Source

Post by James_T_Quirk » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:25 am

There is always Open Source Gaming, I have been looking at project to make FO4 an Online multiplayer, thinks it is over the top, thou .. I am going Ubisoft for Farcry 5, I think, fo4 was a bust, once you played it a few times, you have to add mods to increase spawns & missions, until it crashes, I liked the bounty hunter mod, but lazy programming by Bethesda killed it, I liked PA in fo4, but that was it, I went back to FOnv, TTW, last couple of months ..

This is year 46 in PC's for me, and things have progressed since 2k hangman on a Tandy Mod 1 Level 1, ruled the desktop .. I still regularly do the wolf3d walkthru for teenagers,  All the Items, etc, and the secrets, I sold a lot of 286/386's just demoing that software in my shop...

Times Change, but if Software doesn't deliver it will fade, maybe why we are still pounding on FO3's chest, trying to get a heartbeat ... I think there is more in AI to Mod, using "skills&Character variables" to drive NPC actions, I think it needs work, but it would be easy to make a mod to double-cross burke, nuke Tennypenny Tower instead of Megaton, or as well, if feeling particulary nasty that day .. So my dilemma where do you start ? Or should I just grab FarCry5 ? It looks good, but a limited map, meaning walls, I installed TTW because I dont like walls, wanted a bigger map, more things to see, NPC's to help or hinder, puzzles/missions to solve, so I am still here, flucking around with FO3/Fonv & TTW, because the mix seems right, just boring NPCS & no sense to population actions or Raiders, as they are mown down in the line they advance along ...

Luckily or Not I am disabled now, so I get to spend lots of time, playing a game, but even that gets boring, except I can do things I cannot do in real life anymore, I MISS IT, luckily I have FO3/FOnv TTW, were I can vent these frustrations on NPC ....

I think the reason Software is stagnating is, because of all the new tech VR, Online etc, it's all got a bit much for them, too many options, so they try them all, none very well, it is just the current trend, I seen similar "hic-cups" in 486 to Pentium, Computer game to Console Game, 32bit to 64bit, if people don't buy their software, it will evolve, like ELITE, I played it on C64, Amiga, 486 PC, now I lurk outside Space Stations & victimised REAL PEOPLE, ONLINE, NICE ...

James_T_Quirk

You like RANTS ?< Well, it's

Post by James_T_Quirk » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:51 am

You like RANTS ?< Well, it's a game, twerp !!, no wonder you have emotional problems, your brain has gone soft, swallow a teaspoon of cement & HARDEN UP ... No wonder this planet is so up to crap, "so long as there's no personal risk, even in vr", LIFE is a RISK ... Farcry 5 has fishing, take your friend CO-OP to fishing, don't shoot anything, play level "Nappywearer", and play with your rods ...

RoyBatty

I'm middle aged, experienced

Post by RoyBatty » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:23 am

I'm middle aged, experienced both early computing and video games and also still young enough to experience the state of competitive online games and co-op games. I can understand both of your points of view, I'm also not saying you are wrong, however...

I'll say this, what annoys you in others is often what you don't like about yourself. Think about that.

Attacking other people is not permitted here, regardless of who you who are, your creed, race, orientation, political alignment, age, mental issues, religion, gender or otherwise. Take this as a warning or a threat, I don't really care which.

jlf65

I think his "old man yells at

Post by jlf65 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:34 pm

I think his "old man yells at clouds" act was just that - him poking fun at himself for getting old. I'm reaching that point in life myself. In actuality, I've found I've never been more tolerant of differences in my life. I may not like certain things and not understand how some people can, but I'll fight to the death for your right to do them. I'm sort of becoming the old lawyer in Futurama... except I'm an engineer, not a lawyer.

In any case, Fallout 4 suffers from the usual Bethesda-itis: the main quest sucks, and the writing is bad. However, like all other Bethesda games before it, the many side quests and many mods make it well worth playing... just ignore the main quest altogether. Calls for FO3 or NV to be "ported" to FO4 is mainly a cry for more side quests for FO4 so you have even more to do while ignoring the main quest. I recently (a couple months now) got the Season Pass version on Steam (that's everything but the HD texture pack) and quickly figured out that yes, the main quest still sucks. Yes, the interface is bad. All these things have mods on Nexus, and the game can be fun with the right (for you) mods.